How I Love You!

What all could I do, to show you my love?
Should I let the stars sing, or turn planets above?

What else could I move, to convince you I care?
Should I send raging storms, or move lightening through air?

What act of my love would persuade you today?
Should I, in myself, for depravity pay?

What more could I give, so your heart turns to me?
Should I ask my own Son, on a cross for you bleed?

It all has been done, yet still won’t you bend
Toward Christ my Beloved, the One whom I sent?
shadow of the cross

By this the love of God was manifested in us,
that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world
so that we might live through Him.
1 John 4:9

(Pictures and Poetry by Heidi Viars, 2015)

β€œIf you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth ...” ― C.S. Lewis ..... In my pursuit of self, I found utter darkness. In my pursuit of truth, I found Jesus, who dispelled the darkness by His forgiveness. Now I follow Him and try to understand Him better. I am a wife, mother of 6, blogger and love taking photographs of sunrises.
This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Prayer, Revival, Song, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to How I Love You!

1. It is all because of Him. Thank you for visiting my blog and for sharing this encouraging word.
    Blessings,
    Cliff

Oh this is such a heart cry . . .so beautiful! Thank you for writing what He puts on your heart to share with us, to draw us closer to His love. God bless you!

Thank you Debbie. His love is so amazing … so other … so holy … nothing we have ever experienced here. … BUT WILL ONE DAY! I am hanging on to that and hope you are too πŸ™‚

Heart-touching and spirit-lifting words, my friend. Thank you for pinpointing the central truth in which we can rest secure: God loves us more than we can imagine; He bought us with the blood of his Son. Oh, Lord, how my heart longs to be obedient as a love-gift back to You! May I remember Your grace-filled love every time I’m tempted to disappoint You!

Beautiful, thought-provoking poem. Isn’t it ‘funny’ how we need Him to express His love to us over and over again to feel secure in it, even though He has paid the ultimate price?

5. Lovely poem, Heidi. You certainly have a gift…..it’s great that you use it. May God bless you for being obedient to Him! Jacquie Whyte

6. Ben Nelson says:

This hits the spot – Thanks Heidi!

7. Hannah says:

Beautiful, Heidi. Thank you!

8. So beautifully powerful Heidi. Little said, eternal spoken.

9. Wow, Heidi. This is great. And so true- what more could He have done, than give of Hinself?

10. Thank you Heidi . . . just what was needed to make my way through today! ( :

11. Heidi, this beautiful. Not trying to be a proofreader, but should the “by” in the last sentence be a “my”? In any case, beautiful writing!

Indeed, dear brother! THANK YOU, and don’t you ever worry about corrections πŸ™‚ Thank you for reading and your kind comment. May you find His love for you displayed throughout your day, and mostly in Christ! πŸ™‚