The Unseen Hand

CIMG0092-1

An Unseen Hand has formed this place –
From nothing made all that is seen.
The Hand which spans all time and space
With gentle care formed you and me.

This Hand has weighed the mountains grand.
Deep in its hollow measured seas.
It counted dust and grains of sand,
Set boundaries for all living things.

The Unseen Hand fights unseen wars –
Smites evil, strikes our unseen foe.
Fights for souls while baring scars.
Until it wins, it won’t let go.

You are the craft of Unseen Hands –
In Potter’s Hands become the clay.
As you submit your feeble plans
Strong, Unseen Hands prepare a way.
Father, teach me to recognize and trust Your Unseen Hand.
Help me to rest in Your hand
and not lean on my own understanding.

You are mighty.
You are wise.
I love You, Lord!
december 8th, 2012 sunrise over green lake “For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being,”
declares the LORD
“But to this one I will look,
To him who is humble and contrite of spirit,
and who trembles at My word.”
Isaiah 66:2
cropped-sunrise-snowy-morning-002.jpg
(Poetry and pictures by Heidi Viars, 2015)

β€œIf you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth ...” ― C.S. Lewis ..... In my pursuit of self, I found utter darkness. In my pursuit of truth, I found Jesus, who dispelled the darkness by His forgiveness. Now I follow Him and try to understand Him better. I am a wife, mother of 6, blogger and love taking photographs of sunrises.
This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Revival and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Unseen Hand

1. Hannah says:

This is beautiful, Heidi! I’m grateful that the same Hands that formed the seas and the hills and the mountains…are the same Hands that are holding us. Thanks for this beautifully worded poetic piece. And, I always love your pictures. πŸ™‚

Your poetry ALWAYS touches my heart, Heidi. Today you’ve given me much on which to meditate. To think that the Unseen Hand, capable of incomprehensible wonder in creation, gently formed US, actually fights for our souls, and prepares the way for us through our earthly lives. To thank that Almighty God WANTS to be involved in the very details of our lives. Why would I even consider leaning on my own (puny!) understanding?!

We need to continue to remind one another, don’t we, that we have an amazing God. I so appreciate that you do that for me with your writings, dear sister! Blessings to you, as you help us lean on His understanding πŸ™‚

3. Calla Faire says:

This is beyond fabulous–what a poetry gift you have, aside from your heart that “sees” our “unseen” God. Excellent. Praying always for you, the husband and kidlets.

Oh Heidi, the poem, prayer and scripture are just like God talking to me through you. Thank you so much for walking with Him and sharing what He shares with you. God bless!

5. Thank you Heidi for this beautiful poem! Truly, God has gifted you with words. Your prayer at the end moved me to tears. Thank you for your sensitivity to God’s spirit. In Him, Jacquie Whyte

6. Paul And Rosemary Nelsen says:

The Mosul (sp?) River. I can SEE HIS HAND and I remember His grace through your parents!

Sent from my iPad