To My Praying Friends

I want to say, “THANK YOU!” to all of you who prayed for our son Corey this summer. You prayed us through the hardest time of our life.

You showed us Who was our Hope and pointed us to the Lord, continually!

Here is a 8 minute video taken of Corey last week. He was able to speak to over 3,500 youths in Green Bay.

To God be the glory and to you all our heartfelt thanks.

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Revival. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to To My Praying Friends

1. Heidi, what an awesome video and testimony from your son. I praise God for delivering Corey. Very sweet sentiments that he shares about you (Dude!). We all agree – we love Heidi!

It amazes me that God would allow us to become part of His marvelous plan. How does He do that … recycle all the mess we make of things into something beautiful. Oh, the day we get to see it all come together. Sending much love your way, sweet Sue!

2. Heidi, this video was such a blessing!
    Corey is so sincere and a great/natural speaker. I don’t know what God has planned for him, but I’m pretty sure it involves public speaking.
    Thank you for sharing this.

Thank you for watching, Bill. He wants to make inspirational films. We will see what will come of it. During his accident he actually had camera mounted to the handle bar of his bike. I pray God will use him in the lives of people to help them see Jesus. He knows. Blessings to you, Bill… praying for you!

Corey’s miracle (and his ability to articulate it so well) is going to bless MANY, no doubt. God surely has big plans for his future, too. I feel it in my spirit!

Thank you, dearest Nancy, for rejoicing with us over Corey’s healing and that God is using the darkest times in life to speak life and light! God is good, not because He gives us what we desire, but because He can’t be anything else. He is going into film-making and wants to make inspirational movies. Maybe part of God’s plans 🙂

4. Praise God! What a wonderful son you are raising, Heidi. Makes me think of Hannah, Samuel’s mother.

In my years of raising kids (6 now), I have found that God purposed each life for Him. We are only stewards … and I am as messed up as the next person … (just ask those kids … and oh, ask my husband first … they all will attest to that) …. Thanks for your kind words.

Dude, that was a real blessing! 😉 Wow! Praise God!!!

You were such a blessing to us. I know you followed us on Caringbridge and your mere presence was so comforting! Corey was also able to share this video with his class (mind you public high school) … I have been praying for years for the school … never thought God would work like this. Praise Him 🙂

6. What a cherished child of God you have been blessed with Heidi. He is so lovely and his testimony gives testimony to your love also.

To God be the glory, because I am a wretched mess, Liana! I am grateful God is using this accident for His glory. Like Corey said, our story is really His story. Our lives belong to Him, not ourselves. He is in charge. No matter what comes, God is still good … not because He gives us what we desire most (in our case that our son would live), but because He can’t be anything else but good. Sending you much love, dear blogging friend!

7. Vicki Schwark says:

Oh Heidi that was soooo cool. Loved watching Cory and thanking God over and over for healing him and using him this way. You and Scott and God have done an amazing job!

Hi to you and the rest of the Bible Study ladies. Miss you all (but not the weather).

XO Vicki

If you see anything good, that was the Lord.
      We are hunkering down and trying to stay warm.
      Looking forward to seeing you when you make it back.
      We miss you, sweet friend.

8. Heidi, I loved Corey’s testimony. Such an encouragement to me as I pray for the teens I have in my life. God knows them better than I do. Your son’s a cool “dude.”

Blessings for 2015 ~ Wendy ❀

Thank you, Wendy. Your comments are always a blessing to me. I was thinking about your post on Thanksgiving about your kids … that was really sweet! Blessings to you as well for 2015. How is your writing coming?

9. What an incredible story. Thank you for sharing and God bless you and your family, Heidi!

10. hollyandivy says:

Amen Heidi…….nothing like learning to trust