Happy New Year

SunriseAnd I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year,
“Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown!”
And he replied:
“Go out into the darkness
and put your hand into the Hand of God.

That shall be to you better than light
and safer than a known way.”

So I went forth, and finding the Hand of God,
trod gladly into the night.

And He led me toward the hills
and the breaking of day in the lone East.

– M. Louise Haskins
(Picture Heidi Viars, 2015

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, quote and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Happy New Year

1. Blessed new year dear Heidi!!!

Love this quote–don’t think I’ve read it before. I’m thinking about: 1) the hills she mentions. Although the view is often beautiful from the top, there is effort involved in getting there. 2) Being led TOWARD breaking day might mean a bit of walking in the dark before the light dawns. Ah, but, the effort and uncertainty are necessary elements for the development of relationship–relationship with the One whose hand we hold. Every hill and dark moment are worth the goal of knowing Christ intimately. Thank you for the inspiration, Heidi!

Thank you so much, Nancy, for taking time to comment. There is much effort involved in getting to the mountain tops. We have such assurance though that He walks with us and never leaves nor forsakes us in His calling for our lives. What mighty hands we can trust, the ones that shaped the Universe and then stretched them out for us on a cross. He loves us so much. Thank you for continually showing us Christ at your blog as well 🙂

Thank you for shining His light and pointing us to Him throughout the year! God bless you as you take His hand and walk into this New Year!

4. Paislee Blu says:

Oh my, this is marvelous, Heidi! Kind of goes with Joseph Prince’s message today–(1 Peter 2:9) that HE has called us out of the Darkness into His Light. Praise His Name Above All Names, JESUS!

This is my favorite New Year quote. It so much wraps up what I pray for this coming year. Thanks for the verse … will be looking it up … right now 🙂 Sending you New Years hugs, dear friend

5. Wow, what a beautiful image… 🙂 You must live in a very nice place… 🙂 God bless you.