The Answer to Prayer

bench You prayed, “God, supply!”
What you didn’t know, that I had just finished praying,
“I surrender!
Please God, use me!”

Our paths crossed,
arranged by God Himself.
He answered your prayers.
He heard mine.

How kind of our God to give us one another
As the answers to our prayers.

cropped-snowy-february-morning-005.jpgHoly Spirit, make us sensitive to Your promptings.
Quiet our busy season with Your peace.
You are as close as our very breath.
As You whisper gentle instructions,
Make us bold to obey.
As a Helper, make us able to shine Christ’s Love and Light
Into a hurting World,
Not only in words but so much more in deeds.
Help us see that you might be using us
In Your answer to someone’s prayers.”
cropped-snowy-february-morning-0091.jpg“It will also come to pass that before they call,
I will answer; and while they are still speaking,
I will hear.

Isaiah 65:24

(Words and pictures, Heidi Viars, 2014)

β€œIf you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth ...” ― C.S. Lewis ..... In my pursuit of self, I found utter darkness. In my pursuit of truth, I found Jesus, who dispelled the darkness by His forgiveness. Now I follow Him and try to understand Him better. I am a wife, mother of 6, blogger and love taking photographs of sunrises.
This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Ponderings, Prayer, Revival and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to The Answer to Prayer

1. Lori Lara says:

LOVE this beautiful post. Thank you.

2. How beautiful and reverent, Heidi. So thankful we have crossed paths.

Wisdom and beauty wrapped up in one lovely poem, Heidi. You brought tears to my eyes as I contemplated the way God brings us together, uses us, and blesses each of us–both the giver and the receiver. Such God-incidences are truly thrilling. Oh, Lord, help me be attentive to your gentle whispers of instruction, to be bold to obey, so I can shine your Light and Love, just as Heidi has described!

Thanks you, dear Nancy! I am in awe of God and His ways, how he orchestrates seemingly insignificant paths to cross. His goal is always is His glory and our good, to grow us more and more into the image of His precious Son. What blessing to know you, friend!

4. I love the reminder of why any of us really have friends. It’s one thing to have them at all, but to realize that they are gifts from the Lord, frankly greater than life itself, is something else entirely. Thanks for the reminder. πŸ™‚

5. daniellajoe says:

Great post!! Amen !! πŸ™‚

Thank you , dear Heidi, for reminding us that God is working always, in everyone everywhere, even matching up our prayers. I love that Isaiah verse too! Wonderful, wonderful . . .thank you, thank you!

7. How beautiful Heidi! I like your idea in this poem…..and how true it is. Thanks again for being a blessing in my life. Jacquie Whyte

Thank you for those words of encouragement! We serve a beautiful God, always seeking to mold us into the likeness of His precious Son. What grace that allows us to serve one another, despite our shortcomings and sins. God can use it all! For that kind of grace I am so grateful! Blessings to you, Jacquie!

Yes! Yes! What a coincidence! Oh wait… I don’t believe in coincidences. [chuckle] Great post!

9. Paislee Blu says:

WOW wow wow–what a lovely, reverent post!