Seek Peace

sunrise april 12th,2014 012As I set off into the woods, my heart was overwhelmed

with worries about my tomorrows.

The partly frozen lake reflected the condition of my heart,

Trying to expel the darkness and cold of a season past.

I asked my Father to bring peace to my heart.

Help me know Your presence.”

He did!

sunrise april 12th,2014 017Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all.
The Lord is near.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:4-7 (NIV)
sunrise april 12th,2014 003

(Words and pictures, Heidi Viars, 2014)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, Ponderings, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Seek Peace

1. sf says:

I often come back to look at this beautiful photo again and again. Thanks for taking it and sharin’ it – and the lovely poem too, of course!

So glad it brings peace to your heart… and I am so grateful to the Lord for letting me see it and share it. Your comment is a blessing to me 🙂

2. Gorgeous, Sweet Heidi!! Both words and photos. ((Hugs)))

3. Jennifer says:

Beautiful! Thank you. ❤

Thank you, Heidi, for ministering to me today, out of your own need of Him. Rejoicing with you in His answering Presence! God bless you bunches in the days ahead as He fills you with His peace.

5. Heidi, this is beyond beautiful. I love that His peace is not dependent upon our understanding the situation. We are simply to trust. God is enough.

Blessings ~ Wendy ❀

6. Starralee says:

Good word for us–thanks!

Beautiful images, and once again I appreciate you sharing your heart and intimate moments with the Lord.

During a Bible study years ago, we were instructed to do an exercise that would help bring a new understanding to the verses from Philippians you included. We were to state it in opposite terms. Mine went something like: “Be anxious about everything, and in every situation by whining and complaining, and with ingratitude, present your grievances to anyone who will listen, and the turmoil of man, which transcends all medication, will plague you with stomachaches and headaches and leave you open and defenseless.” Then I had to repent, because I realized how many times I had done that instead of resting in Christ.

Oh Rene, this is so cool! I love it and had to read it several times. I think we would do well, to take those verses which we have often memorized and reverse them… very eye-opening, Rene! THANK YOU for sharing this with me … I NEEDED that!

8. I can relate. Beautiful pictures.

9. omtatjuan says:

Beautiful:)

10. He leads us beside still waters. He restores our soul. He is a mighty God, isn’t he? Beautiful words. Beautifully captured photos.