Wait Patiently

Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD.

Psalm 27:14

hiding deer 009

The heart wrenching cry of two fawns made me drop everything this afternoon. Though I am not too fond of herds of deer eating away at my flowers and vegetables, I could not resist to walk a little closer and take a picture. As soon as I approached, instinct instructed the two young deer to lay down and curl up in the grass – to patiently wait for their mom.

I too find myself so often scared to death, while I am waiting on the Lord. He instructs me to wait and take courage.

“Father, teach me to wait patiently for You.
I know, You are there,
no matter what my circumstances try to tell me.
I know You see me.
I know You have a plan.
Help me to take courage.
Teach me what it means to be strong in heart.”

hiding deer 011

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, Prayer and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Wait Patiently

1. Anonymous says:

Just wanted to thank you for stopping by and liking a couple of my posts. Loved the picture of the fawn. We had a white-tail deer dash across our back yard the other day. Have no idea where it came from.

2. Hi Heidi,

I love your beautiful post and blog. So thankful to meet you through the Fellowship of Christian bloggers.

I am in awe of God’s unfailing love, and His deep intimate knowledge of each of His children, as He guides us in His perfect timing.

3. Alice Lindner says:

Was für ein tolles Foto und schöner Text. Hdl Mama

Vielen lieben Dank, liebe Mama. Wir haben die kleinen Rehkitze hinterm Haus gefunden. Sie sind nun wieder im Wald. Hoffe es geht Euch gut! HDL!!!! Bis ganz bald 🙂

4. What a beautiful picture of waiting and courage! Thanks for sharing:)

5. theywhoseek says:

Oh, this really blessed me . . . I am going to go lie down right now and wait for my Father to come and rescue me! ~ Heidi, you are such a blessing and through your lens (camera and physical) we get a glimpse of our Father’s love for us thank you ~

Deb, Thanks so much for your comment. It was timely in bringing encouragement… How marvelous of our God to leave those glimpses. Can you imagine what it will be like when one day we fully see and know? “For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.” 1 Corinthians 13:12 🙂

6. Isaiah6510 says:

Oh this is adorable Heidi !!! x

7. melodylowes says:

I love your little fawns! I don’t like their mamas eating my roses and lilies, but I sure do love to see the babies. How sweet… I love the way you connected hiding and safety and security with these little fellas, Heidi!

We have six foot fence around our vegetable garden … I was tempted to put the little ones in there and keep them … but hubby was not too pleased 😦

8. Thank you. This is comforting and calming!

9. Caddo-Jael says:

Such wonderfully gentle teaching, Heidi. Sometimes, because of my past, I hear a harsh voice inside telling me to “wait, and be brave”–that is not God’s voice of course. “Fear not”, though a “command”–is not meant to frighten us, but to reassure. God bless you abundantly–love, sis Caddo

I hear you! God has such compassion on His children and loves us, more than we can imagine. Let us remind each other often of His Word, sis! Blessings to you!

• Caddo-Jael says:

Yes, I want that to be my goal, mission, happy “job”–to keep reminding others that He Loves Us NO MATTER WHAT. So glad I read your comment today–will get back in the swing of things before too long, I hope.

10. Ben Nelson says:

I love this Heidi!

11. pattisj says:

What a great photo! It pays to keep an ear open to nature, doesn’t it? “He makes me lie down in green pastures” came to mind.

Thank you , Heidi , for showing us just what to do as we wait .. .trust Him! God bless you as you see Him all around you!

13. Ha, a great lesson we learn from the fawns. Thanks.

When I was thinking about nature and how God uses it so often to teach us, I was thinking of Job (specifically chapter 38). I came across Matthew Henry’s Commentary of that particular passage:

“The works of his providence, as well as the work of creation, never can be broken; and the work of redemption is no less firm, of which Christ himself is both the Foundation and the Corner-stone. The church stands as firm as the earth. (Job 38:12-24)

So glad for God’s patience to teach us continually through nature all around us 🙂

14. Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing. I loved the pictures!

15. Such a beautiful post Heidi. Wonderful imagery and a really good analogy of our need to patiently wait no matter our circumstances. Spoke deep to my heart. The Lord has placed within us this ability to do this, we just have to trust and surrender all. Have a lovely day xx

Such beautiful creation … it speaks so loudly to us, doesn’t it? … yes, trust and surrender all… I so agree with you :-). Lets encourage one another and silence the voices that tell us we can’t! Thank you for stopping by today, Liana 🙂