Provisions

The tiniest of creature You see.

You are intimately acquainted with its way.

You speak through Your creation.

You show Your ways through brilliant glimpses.

In my quiet search for You,

I find peace and rest.

In my wonder about Your creation,

I gain wisdom and understanding.

In my faithful observing,

I find Your miracles and provisions.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,
what you will eat or drink;
or about your body, what you will wear.
Is not life more than food,
and the body more than clothes?

Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns,
and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not much more valuable than they?”

Matthew 6:25-26

spring, flowers, water, boat, May 20th, 2013 025

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, Ponderings, Prayer, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Provisions

1. How magnificent is God’s glory reflected through creation! Beautifully written!! Thank you! I love the pictures of the hummingbirds!

I love the quote you quoted on you blog the other day: “Nature is God’s greatest evangelist.” ~ Jonathan Edwards … Don’t you just love how God “speaks” to us there? Thanks so much for your encouragement! blessings to you!

2. Rosemary says:

Praise God. Good stuff!

3. Oh, sweet hummingbirds. Our tiny blessings from God! Lovely, Heidi.

4. pattisj says:

That scripture has come up often this week. Creation speaks volumes when we stop to listen.

5. Thanks Heidi. You say so much in so few words.

6. Caddo-Jael says:

That scripture was on my mind too! I always laugh at myself when I start “explaining to God” about things (my needs, or somebody else’s)–as though He’s clueless. And He loves me enough to laugh too! God bless you BIG–love, sis Caddo

I think He has us ask often, so we recognize how dependent we are on Him and also understand that what we have comes from Him. God bless you BIG, too, dear sis.

• Caddo-Jael says:

I agree, I heard a message about that recently–that the purpose of manna being only good for one day (they couldn’t save it overnight), was so they had to depend on Him Daily.

7. Wonderful pictures of his provision…love those photos!

I took the picture by my kitchen window. When I do the dishes, I am reminded often, that God will give me always what I need, just as He gives to the hummingbirds what they need.

8. “You are intimately acquainted with its way” goes perfectly with the scripture passage you posted. Thank you, Heidi, for the lovely reminder not to worry about anything.

9. So lovely. His beautiful creation is beyond our description.