Through the Bars of His Prison

aba september 2012 041

His name is written in the palm of my hand. When I first heard his name mentioned on the radio, I was in my car. As I listened to his story intently, my heart started to break. I did not want to forget. I dug in my purse and grabbed a pen. “SAEED” I scribbled his name into the palm of my left hand and have been writing it there since.

When I close my eyes, I see the bars of His prison. I chose my words about God carefully. They must be able to penetrate thought those bars and find truth within the prison walls, before coming out of my mouth. Truth must be true there too. What I say about my faith, my God, His Son, love, sovereignty, and hope must, when filtered through the persecution, still be able to stand.

I hold up my left hand in prayer, lift him up to the Lord. Pray that I myself will one day have the strength He has. I pray that I find courage to break out of my own sterile and comfortable prison, right into the pain and suffering of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Hebrews 13:3: Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

(please continue to pray for Saeed. To find out more, go to ACLJ)

aba september 2012 019

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Prayer and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Through the Bars of His Prison

1. I too have been praying for Pastor Saeed. The faith this man has must be the same as the three in the fiery furnace. God is speaking loudly through this man. May he come home.

2. theywhoseek says:

Just checking to see if anyone’s home? Miss your 🙂 face . . .

Hey … thanks so much for checking in … I have been busy working … I clean houses and busy preparing homes for the summer folks to come back … should be back soon 🙂 thanks, dear-heart for caring!

3. Heidi Viars says:

Dearest Debbie, we do fail at praying as we ought, don’t we … but the Lord is good. He has given us the Holy Spirit to remind us … Lets abide in Christ and allow Him to abide in us, through His Word, and He says our prayers will be answered (John 15:7) … God bless you, dear sister

Thank you, Heidi, for availing yourself to prayer . ..for sharing Saeed with us and how you remember to pray for him, by writing it on your hand . .and rewriting it each day. I’m crying some, because it just reminds me of Jesus. Asking Him to write names on my heart forever and give me the faith to stand in prayer for each one He writes there, each day. I fail so often, to pray as I should. God bless you!!!

5. Tom Raines says:

Thank you for reminding me of the simplicity and childlike faith we must still carry. Several times I have thought I MUST remember Saeed’s name to pray for Him. Where would I write? I didn’t….could of just written it in the palm of my hand!…Got it now, and joining you and I pray thousands lifting him up now! Blessings and prayers!

Thanks, Tom for remembering and praying … May the Spirit continue to remind us, and may we provide Him with quiet moments to listen and obey… Blessings!

6. Rosemary Nelsen says:

Saeed may be in a physical prison but his soul is free. It is those around him who are in spiritual captivity and need eternal freedom. Yet, the terribleness of his treatment and the unjustness of his physical imprisonment is not of God. Heidi, your reminder to pray is powerful. May Saeed be remembered by ME and all those who know about the power of Prayer. God please release Him from his physical prison and those around him from their spiritual prison.

7. Thanks for this beautiful reminder of how we need to be in prayer for our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ. I also love the new photo for your header image!

8. Karen says:

Yes- thanks for the reminder to pray for Saeed. I, too, do not want to forget. And I definitely relate to needing to break out of my own sterile prison…

The cards you’ve made are beautiful, Heidi. May their witness go far and wide and reflect His Truth to many in their various “prisons”.

9. Isaiah6510 says:

Wow Heidi, I just read all about Saeed.
    May our Lord God give Him more grace to endure and be filled with joy despite His circumstances, may the Light of Jesus shine brighter still in such darkness, flooding his spirit and pouring out. And may He be released and share His testimony to the glory of God.

10. Here is a promise we can pray for our brother Saeed, from James 1:12–“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life, which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” Also in Matthew 5:10.

11. pattisj says:

Writing his name on the palm of one’s hand–great idea and example you have set for us. God bless our brother, Saeed.

12. melodylowes says:

I love how your heart of love and compassion motivates you to action – I love that this motivation is based on something so beautiful, Heidi. We will keep praying!

13. Heidi, you are doing a wonderful work on behalf of Saeed! I wrote his name down in my prayer book after your previous post about him. Prayers for both him and his family (and the lost around him) are sent up through my bedroom ceiling several times a week. Thank you for allowing us to share this prayer.