Safe Paths

May 8th, 2013

A couple of days ago on my walk, I was coming up to an open field.  I noticed that the grass and weeds had been burned. Just the previous day, I had passed the same spot and marveled at the lushes green sprouting up everywhere.

When I looked closer, I noticed the path that was leading through the field had been untouched by the fire. I was pondering on God’s beautiful provisions for us. He leads us safely on our paths, though everything around us seems to go up in flames. God promises to be with us through these fiery trials.

When I will pass through fiery days –

No soul found by my side –

Protect my path, secure my ways

Help me in You to hide.

Keep my feet from walking off

The path You have for me.

With You the ground is safe and soft.

Here’s where I need to be.

Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them,
for the LORD your God goes with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake
you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6

May 8th, 2013

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Prayer and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Safe Paths

1. Caddo-Jael says:

Oh thank you for this, Heidi–it was wonderful, and blessed and encouraged me so today. love, sis Caddo

2. theywhoseek says:

There you are . . . leading us once again onto safe ground with your wonderful poetry and pictures. ~ Blessings ~

3. Heidi, I love the picture at the top with the little sign, Foot Traffic Only. That was so God orchestrated. He came to earth and His feet walked with us on these dusty, rugged trails. He walks along side us, and does not expect us to go it alone. Where our feet must walk, so do His. Just love the symbolism of the sign as a reminder of just how very present God is in our lives.

4. This is so beautiful! Thank you!

5. Rosemary Nelsen says:

Isaiah 43:1-5

I actually had written this post with these verses first … then felt led to change them just before I posted … Thanks for reading, Rosemary and for sharing God’s Word with people on your path! Much love

6. Pingback: Footwear in Life | The Musical Poet

7. Ray says:

Oh, I really liked this! And the accompanying pic was perfect. Well done. You inspired me to write a story this morning about the different paths in life we walk and the footwear needed for each journey. Here’s a link to it: http://themusicalpoet.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/footwear-in-life/#more-933

8. ddclaywriter says:

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts Heidi

9. Beautiful photographic illustration of those wonderful verses!
    \o/

10. Your post has reminded me of Psalm 91, which I memorized with a group of guys about a year ago–especially verses 7-8, “A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

This was just so so perfect for me, Heidi! Thank you for your faithfulness to listen to God and write and share whatever He gives you to! God bless you!

Blessings to you dearest Debbie … so glad to see your smiling face here … and for your encouragement to those on your path …. I am so glad I am one of them 🙂

12. melodylowes says:

“When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned…” I have often been on such a path, and felt the flames – God has brought me through. I love that this is what you saw in that path, Heidi! 🙂

That was the verse I actually almost posted with this 🙂 I am praising Him with you today for His faithful leading, through waters as well as fires 🙂

• melodylowes says:

I have long considered that portion in Isaiah my ‘life verse’ – and have relied on its truthful balm often in times of trouble…

Did you know Isaiah 43:4 is the only passage in the whole Bible where God says “I LOVE YOU!” … many verses indicate His love, only this one says it like this 🙂
          Isaiah 43:4
          Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
          and because I love you,
          I will give people in exchange for you,
          nations in exchange for your life.

13. Heidi, what a calming comfort your poem is for me today. I love how perfectly you’ve matched the pictures, poem, and Scripture. God has spoken here – through you!

Wendy, He is so trustworthy to always be there with us. It’s we who can’t often see Him through the smoke of our worries and fears … blessings to you, today and thanks for your always kind words 🙂