Revival

Outdoor Sanctuary - Green Lake Conference Center

Outdoor Sanctuary – Green Lake Conference Center

What would happen if we prayed for God to make us hungrier for Him, rather than praying for Him to fill our desires?

What would happen if we begged God to show us ourselves as we truly are, rather than relying on a mirror and a scale to see if we measure up?

What would happen if we confessed our sins and became broken, rather than making excuses and blaming others for our behavior?

What would happen if we insisted on God to fill the ravines of our longing souls with His love, rather than exhausting people with our expectations?

What would happen if we drank Him in, as if He was Living Water, rather quenching our thirst in dirty puddles.

What would happen if we saw Him as the Treasure of our lives, rather than satisfying our need with possessions we can’t take with us to heaven?

What would happen if we believed that hell was real, rather than thinking everyone has their own belief?

What would happen if we longed for others to see Jesus, rather than having them hear our opinion?

What would happen if our prayers fueled a Holy Spirit fire, rather than being empty and repetitious words?

One Cry

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, Revival and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Revival

1. Love this, Sister!
    “FOLLOW CHRIST” not “Follow me.” That’s what every Believer should be saying.
    Love outward.

Blessings!
    -Heather

You are right, Heather … Lets pray we stay close to the Shepherd to discern His voice among all the others … and then, in faith, follow Him. Blessings to you, sister 🙂

2. Ben Nelson says:

this is wonderful Heidi! Lord – Start with me! –
    Have you ever read Amy Carmichael’s little book “IF.” This reminded me of that – my favorite quote from that book is
    “If a sudden jar can cause me to speak an impatient, unloving word, then I know nothing of Calvary love. For a cup brimful of sweet water cannot spill even one drop of bitter water however suddenly jolted.
    Amy Carmichael. If (Kindle Locations 99-101).

thank you for this jostling my heart this afternoon.
    Ben

Thank you, Ben for stopping by and commenting. I have not heard about the book, but will put this on my reading list right away. What a powerful quote. Lets continue to pray for God to jostle our hearts for Him and our willingness to let Him do the necessary work. Blessings to you!

3. Caddo-Jael says:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, Heidi–I hopped on over here, and like what I see! We have such a nice community of Believers–it’s done wonders to grow my faith, knowing the love and prayer support of fine sisters like Melody and Wendy and Deb, etc. God bless you BIG–love, sis Caddo

Thanks so much for hopping on over 🙂 Yes, this blogging community is a wonderful gift! Blessings to you … so glad we could cross cyber-paths 🙂

4. billhogan77 says:

Absolutely love the questions. And I think if all that happened… we would get to see a slice of heaven on earth! Thanks for the glimpse of what’s possible, and I’ll join in the prayers.
    Be blessed!

Thank you, Bill, for stopping by … yes, lets continue to pray for that slice of heaven on earth 🙂 … glimpses are good … very good!
      Blessings to you!

5. Heidi, you nailed it with what we need o be doing. How appropriate for this day of prayer. Might I add one? What happened if instead of one day per year, we interceded for our nation daily? Blessings!

6. theywhoseek says:

Amen sister Amen!

7. melodylowes says:

Sometimes I think we ask all the wrong questions. Maybe the ones you are asking are more appropriate, more to the point. I feel as though we are running peripheral lines instead of sinking to the heart of the matter, as you seek to here. Some deep thoughts which may be hard to answer!

Dearest Melody, I think the Lord has been asking me these questions ever since I have been praying for revival about a year ago. They are probing in my own heart and soul. While we can rest in the acceptance through Christ, we find ourselves confident before the throne of God. However, we must keep walking on the path to holiness, where we continually surrender our own agenda (a “sinking into His heart of the matter”). Thanks so much for your always kind and encouraging remarks. What a blessing to know you 🙂

• melodylowes says:

I am so grateful for the contacts and friendships I have made in the blogging community – the chance to share ideas with others across the miles is very special indeed! Thanks Heidi – I am so glad to have met you!

All of these what if’s were as if He were talking right to me. Thank you for helping us get back to where we need to be, humbled and hungry for Him. God bless you!

Lets pray, Debbie, that we hunger more for Him and develop less apatite for our desires … It will be so worth it in the end 🙂 Thanks for always encouraging me in Jesus!

9. Beautiful! So needed in my heart right now to get back to center — to get back to trusting God fully — in everything!

10. Anonymous says:

Absolutely LOVE it..thanks for getting my little brain to think some more! Love n Blessings x

11. Rosemary Nelsen says:

What would happen if that picture was full of the kind of people you are talking about praising God together?

12. Heidi, you’re correct – a revival would happen. “If my people who are called by my name…” It begins with us. (I love the outdoors pews!)