Not Home … Yet

not home

I walk into the dreary day –

I try to see the sun.

For answers and the healing pray.

I walk – keep pressing on.

I walk though fog, I walk through rain.

I walk through wind and snow.

I know that I don’t walk in vain,

For Christ knows where I go.

I know that this is not my home.

A longing draws inside.

It moves my heart and urges on,

To walk and to abide.

Here, as I pray for God to heal,

I trust His ways are right.

Ask Christ to show and to reveal

His ways and His delight.

I trust His precious hand to guide,

When healing doesn’t come,

When tears remain and hurts abide,

For this is not my home.

“Precious Father, the world tries to convince us that this is all we have.
Help us to set our minds and hearts on You, the Eternal God.
Help us to walk through the day with our eyes fixed on the goal, namely Christ and Eternity.
Help us to pray with a deep abiding knowledge of who You are.
Help us to accept Your answers to our prayers
in unwavering submission.
Help us to find joy in knowing that You work it all out for good for those who love You.”

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
(Philippians 3:14)

icy evening april 2013 016

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Revival, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

51 Responses to Not Home … Yet

1. Pingback: Shine on, Beautiful Mama, Super Sweet, Best Moment, Reality Blog Awards! Prayers and Promises

2. Pingback: Friday Feature | heavenlyraindrops

3. Ray says:

I love to walk. I write alot of music that has this theme as well. I really enjoyed this post. Thanks.

4. Pingback: Tribute To YOU – Awards and Lovely Surprises {and my first poem in YEARS} | 40YearWanderer ~ ~ ~ Heather Mertens

5. Sofia says:

Wonderful photos and words/poems! Thank you for sharing.

6. that was beautiful!!

7. thank you Heidi, so does yours!

8. Pingback: Shine on, Beautiful Mama, Super Sweet, Best Moment, Reality Blog Awards! | Prayers and Promises

9. theywhoseek says:

Beautiful, heart tugging, eye tearing poem of trusting in God and keeping our eyes on the goal. Love this and you Heidi ~ Blessings ~

Thank you so much for your gift of encouragement today You are so very kind … and loved too 🙂 ~ Blessings, sister, as you minister to us with your sweet poetry as well!

10. I was enraptured by the words of your poem and prayer, Heidi — lifted me way up, beyond the here and now. Wonderful blessing for me. Thank you! Dee

Dearest Dee, what kind words of encouragement … and if this has done something in your heart, than it must be from the Lord! I thank Him for that 🙂 Wonderful God 🙂

11. Juliet says:

Beautiful!! This blessed me immensely! :0)

12. Ahh, Heidi. Your words, your photos! So lovely and refreshing! Love both but the bottom one is exquisite! The ice chunks look like waves of the sea.

Heidi, thank you so much, for the gentle way you lead us to Him in your poems and prayers. This is such a blessing, such a gift you share with us. It feels holy here. God bless you!

Thank you Debbie … I think when we open the gifts HE has given us a fragrance of His grace pours out … nothing we have done … nothing we have in ourselves …. I pray that the fragrance is all about HIM … and that those who stop by sense Him … What amazing gifts He has left for us to unwrap … all around … Blessings as you find yourself busy unwrapping today 🙂

14. melodylowes says:

How beautiful. I love the rhythm and flow of this piece – but especially the heart behind it. I so ‘get it’. I so am there with you, waiting and praying for healing,, but learning to accept even what is seen as the bad things from His hand. Profound places to walk, aren’t they? Bless you on your journey to wholeness!

Thank you, Melody … yes, learning to accept everything! I am grateful for the Lord’s patience and His kind and gentle reminders to us. Bless you as you devote your paths to Him (and your wonderful blogs too 🙂 )

15. Heidi, I love the moodiness of the first picture and the absolute gloriousness of the second! Your words “trust His precious hand to guide” are a wise reminder to all of us, and my heart echoes the longing for home when pain does not subside.

The path I take in the morning is so peaceful … reminding me of the peace that awaits us! … Thank you so much for your kind words and for always pointing us to the Lord in your blog!!! Blessings to you, friend 🙂

16. Heidi Viars says:

Thanks Mark… I took it a week ago on my walk during a very foggy and cold morning. I always carry my camera with me … I often ask God here, in the woods for answers and to “speak” to my heart … He is so willing to show us, if we are willing to take the time to listen and slow down…

17. markblock says:

The top picture is absolutely captivating.

18. You write beautifully! Thank you for using your talent to transport us to the permanent dwelling we wait for.

19. Thanks for stopping by and liking my post. I’m actually really glad you did, ’cause I intended to follow you – and forgot to click on it! Phew. 🙂

20. Beautiful Heidi. I always feel a peace when I read your poems. They are very special. Gentle words of truth and comfort. Thank you.

21. Beautiful poem – and I don’t usually care for poetry.

When my mom moved to heaven, I became very interested in where she was and what she was doing. It led to the most fascinating mental adventures! I’ve “spent so much time there” that I’m actually homesick – and I know that in my wildest imaginings I never even came close to what lies ahead.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks, Tammi, for stopping by … I am glad we crossed paths here … your blog is beautiful and a reflection of your love for Him … so good to meet you 🙂 Blessings to you!

22. Your work fantastic, beautiful! Is that your cabin?