Reflections

Sometimes, beautiful reflections come out of
muddy and dreary places in our lives.

Sometimes, the tears we shed into puddles on the path
provide an opportunity for our Father to reflect His grace.

May we always be available for God to use our story,
no matter how dirty or messy we feel it is.

He makes beautiful things out of our failures,
if we allow Him to do His work in us and through us.

“Thank You, Father, for shining Your light onto my path.
Help me to surrender all my life to You, even the painful places.
You are able to use all of my story and fill it with Your grace.
As I entrust my life to Christ,
thank You for redeeming, restoring, and reflecting Your beauty.”

To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.
Isaiah 61:3

(note: Normally, I take pictures on my walk looking ahead – not so a few days ago. I actually took these pictures after I stopped and looked back. It reminded me that sometimes, while looking back, we find beauty in our past and in that which God restored!)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, Ponderings, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Reflections

1. Sarah says:

Neat picture and neat reminder. Thanks Heidi…enjoy your day!

2. Heidi Viars says:

Thanks, Hannah, for taking time to stop by! I really appreciate your blog and encouragement there 🙂

3. This is so beautiful Heidi! I’m so blessed to have found your blog too! Many Blessings, Hannah

4. Juliet says:

What beautiful pictures and words of truth! I love that verse from Isaiah 61. Thanks so much for sharing! :0)

This is so perfect for me, Heidi .. thank you for listening to Him and writing what He brings to you. And photographing too, to help the message stick! I don’t always want to even think about the ugly stuff, let alone share it, but He keeps showing me too, that there is beauty in it, because of Him. God bless you bunches!!!

Dear Debbie, I think while it’s difficult for us to have God use all of us, including past, hurts, and flaws, we see His grace shine right into all those areas. I think there, in those weaknesses, Jesus and His grace becomes real to those around us …
      I am so grateful for your heart and the way you share it at your blog. God bless you and your efforts mightily!

6. Heidi, What a gorgeous sentiment and stunningly beautiful photo. You are blessed and you bless us with your gifts. 🙂

thank you for your kind words… He is so amazing to show us all these marvelous things on our paths of life … thank God for puddles 🙂 Thank you for your encouragement at your blog as well 🙂

7. I agree. It is often in the painful wherein He draws nearest and out of those experiences, others can best relate. Love your photos!

8. pattisj says:

That was a hard lesson to learn, that there was no more shame, only grace. Beautiful reflections.

9. Heidi, I love your final thought of : “sometimes, while looking back, we find beauty in our past and in that which God restored!” – Amen!

10. theywhoseek says:

Truly beautiful Heidi, ~ Blessings ~

11. This is a beautiful reflection. I love the thought of our tears providing a place to reflect his grace! Wow! 🙂

12. cludbrook says:

Powerful & so very true

13. Thank you Heidi for this post of such peace and hope. Beautiful.

14. Heidi Viars says:

Thank you for taking time to comment … He is amazing and does show us when we seek Him with all our hearts … Praying for you and your steadfast walk in Christ! Blessings to you today!

15. Thank you sharing, it came at a time of self reflection and was excatly what I needed to read. I hear God gives us what we need when we need it, He works though others to get His point across, I felt great peace and lightness when I read your post. I felt God’s presence in my life through you. Beautifully written and wonderful pictures!