The Greatest Act in History

cropped-sunrise-november-21st-2012-0052-e1354135206621.jpgThe greatest act in history –

The greatest sacrifice –

As Christ endured the greatest pain,

He paid the greatest price.

He gave for our greatest sins

His life, His greatest gift.

He paid at Calvary’s greatest cross.

He closed the greatest rift.

This greatest act of love displayed

God’s greatest love – mankind.

Our greatest sins God heaped on Him,

So Him our hearts could find.

sunrise March 23rd, 2013 014

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Greatest Act in History

1. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends… what nobody else could, he did…
    awesome post!

thanks for stopping in … indeed, His love is the most amazing of all … He does what no one can do – knowing us fully and loving us completely in spite … blessings to you!

2. Heidi Viars says:

Thanks for your words of encouragement … much love and many blessings to you, Rosemary!

3. Anonymous says:

Amen! For All time, for all people and especially the grace He has shown to me. May others say the same as you do Heidi. Love, Rosemary

4. Beautiful piece, Heidi! “He closed the greatest rift.” I don’t think we can realize just how great the rift was until we meet him face to face… after we have bowed down to worship him.

Easter Blessings ~ Wendy

5. theywhoseek says:

ooh, I really, really like this one Heidi so much was accomplished that day on the cross . . . . proving there is “No Greater Love” God Bless and have a wonderful . Resurrection Day!

6. pattisj says:

Beautiful post, Heidi.

7. melodylowes says:

Such a special time, to reflect upon this sacrifice on our – my – behalf.

8. barb says:

Amen and amen

9. So very beautiful and true. Thank you Heidi. ‘To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.’ Psalm 136:4