World Changer

“Don’t bother!” Says the small voice in my head.
“It’s just a drop in the ocean!”
“The suffering in this world’s too great!”
“Don’t waste your time and emotions!”

What if the pain of the many don’t add?
But what if great need comes in ONE?
Wouldn’t we make ONE entirely glad
With whatever for ONE is done?

Lord, teach me to help the ONE next to me –
Ease ONE’s load – take care of his pain
Despite this whole world of sadness still see,
The whole world of ONE can be changed.”

“And the King will answer them,
‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,
you did it to me.”

Matthew 25:40
(Poem and pictures Heidi Viars, 2019)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, church, poetry, Ponderings, Revival, Song and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to World Changer

1. mitchteemley says:

A convicting reminder, Heidi.

You’ve inspired me to keep watchful for that ONE I can encourage and help. One person per day adds up to over a thousand in a year! Also must say, that photo of the cardinal is STUNNING–another example, as seen through your camera lens–of the artistry of our God!

3. Mary Sweeney says:

So good, Heidi!

4. Bill Sweeney says:

Excellent, Heidi. I can’t reach everyONE, but I can reach ONE. Beautiful pictures, too.

You did it again! I am crying because his is so what He wants me to remember and do! Thank you dear Heidi and blessings galore!

6. Heidi this is a very creative poem that speaks of what Satan so often whispers in Christian minds. You know, when he says, What difference is this small gesture going to make? There are so many in need. Let’s face it, if every Christian helped just one, the total impact would be very good indeed! Thank you for this reminder Heidi, I loved it!

7. Brenda Lynn says:

Oh, Heidi, this “Lord, teach me to help the ONE next to me –” seems such a simple thing, but what profound impacts we might start by following through, by remembering. By being brave and bold and asking ourselves, “What would Jesus do?”

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )