Silence

snowy February morning 009

“Lord, there was silence today.
The forest didn’t speak,
Only a lonely crow, calling into an icy morning for company.

Lord, ice-covered paths were before me.
The paths didn’t speak,
Only the sound of my slow, unsure steps.

Lord, snow-covered fields surrounded me.
The fields didn’t speak,
Only a gentle, quiet whisper from the sun on my face.

Lord, thank you for silence,
For assurance of your presence,
and for the Hope in our hearts.”

cross in woods February 2014 002

“For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel,
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength. …”(ESV)
Isaiah 30:15

December 10th, 2012, snow, woods, trees, winter 017 (Pictures and words, Heidi Viars, 2017)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Ponderings, Prayer, Revival. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Silence

1. Oh Heidi, this is so beautiful. I love silence too—so much so that I force myself out of bed to savor the silence in my writing room before the noise of traffic and family start up for the day.
    Blessings ~ Wendy ❤

2. Beautiful photos and words, Heidi. When I was young and easily bored, I hated the silence. But the Holy Spirit meets us in the silence, His still small voice speaks in the quiet times. Since accepting Christ, I am never alone or bored in the silence.

I also wasn’t much for silence before I met Jesus. It seems everything in my life was noisy and distracting. Yes, the Holy Spirit is such a comfort and assurance in times of silence … always “telling” our hearts He is with us. Thanks Bill for all you do in your silence. The Spirit is speaking clearly to so many through you 🙂

Thank you so much for that special poem and that Isaiah verse. In quietness and trust . . .i had forgotten that silence doesn’t mean He isn’t there. God bless you Heidi.

Thank you for reading, Debbie. His presence is sure, even if we can’t feel or hear. “Hearing” Him with our Trust is a discipline well worth practicing 🙂 Sending love your way, friend.

• Debbie says:

Hearing Him with our trust is a discipline well worth practicing. I am writing that one down, Heidi. Thank you! :).

I think the discipline part is reminding our souls that He does not change … trusting in His unfailing love, His sovereignty, His omnipotence, His omnipresence, His omniscience, His eternality, His beauty, … I guess His holiness.
          “Father, teach our small hearts and expand our minds to get glimpses of who you are… turn us from looking to ourselves!”
          Thanks, dear Debbie 🙂

You’ve captured so poignantly the glorious truth of God’s presence, perhaps most palpable of all in the silence. Thank you for touching my heart today, dear Heidi!

5. blmaluso says:

Just beautiful!!!! Thank you.