Holy

img_1306
God, Infinite – limitless LORD,
Whom all give glory with one accord.
How could I come, petition this King,
Of Whom the stars and angels sing?

God, Omniscient – the foundation of truth,
Who knows Himself and knows me from youth,
How could I enter the Throne Room of Grace,
When I wouldn’t dare to look at Your face?

God, Immutable – not changing in being,
Perfect in purpose, all-wise and all-seeing,
Who draws with His love and covers my shame,
Who sees all of me – and loves me the same.

“Lord, God of all Creation, keep me today from a low view of You. Help me not to draw You down into my own understanding, but lift my mind higher and higher toward Your holiness. Help me seek Your face.”

And no creature is hidden from his sight,
but all are naked and exposed
to the eyes of him
to whom we must give account.

Hebrews 4:13 (ESV)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Prayer, Revival, Song, Sunrises - Pictures. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Holy

1. riz says:

Teary eyed. Amen to the prayer. 🙂

2. in567 says:

Breathtaking photo and beautiful writing, Heidi!

Thank you Heidi! Your poems are always so deep and true and beautiful and the photos are breathtaking. You have a beautiful gift! God bless!

Thank you, dear Debbie, for faithfully encouraging my heart. Like I said to Nancy below, I am studying Tozer’s “Knowledge of the Holy” … it’s been a great eye-opener. Sending hugs your way!

4. Thank you Heidi–praising Him always!

Chiming in agreement with these other commenters: another beautiful poem, Heidi, that settles our minds and spirits into peaceful worship. Especially appreciated this line of your prayer: “Lift my mind higher and higher toward Your holiness.” Reminds me of an eagle, soaring on the updraft. Love that imagery — allowing the wind of the Spirit to carry us ever closer to the heart of God. Thank you, Heidi!

Thanks for stopping in, Nancy. I have been studying Tozer’s “Knowledge of the Holy” and have been moved to the core, convicted of our “low view of God”. Recommend it! Blessings to you, blog-friend

6. Dear Heidi, this is powerful. Thank you for ushering us into His holy Presence to appreciate His generous grace.

7. pattisj says:

Lovely photos and poem!

8. Very lovely post, Sister.

9. Truly deep and beautiful dear Heidi. Love the photo too. God bless x