Small Deeds

(My son posted this yesterday on his Facebook after he received something at work. It strikes me how easy it is to make someone’s day a little brighter, especially this time of year. It has been an encouragement for me to seek for opportunities of small acts of kindness. We serve a God who can use these seemingly insignificant deeds disproportionately to their size and our ability.)

To the little girl who gave me this:

I don’t know who you are, and you will probably never read this, but i was having an absolute horrible day at work. It was busy, stressful, and hard. But when you gave me this at my cash register it made me so happy. It completely changed my attitude, and made my day (possibly my week). So thank you. Its hanging on my door now.

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Small Deeds

1. Pingback: Links To Some Uplifting Posts (12-19-2015) | My Daily Musing

2. Sheryl says:

This post is a wonderful reminder that small acts of kindness can have a big impact. The picture of the reindeer is adorable and made me smile.

What a delightful, encouraging story. Reminds me of a quote I love: “With every deed you are sowing a seed, though the harvest you may not see” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox. (Someday we WILL see that harvest!)

4. Debbie M. says:

Proof that gifts of joy come in all sorts of sizes, means, and ways!

5. Steve Austin says:

Such a great reminder to do those small, kind deeds…and to recognize them when we’re the lucky recipient! Love it.

6. pattisj says:

That’s one of the best things, ever! How sweet!

7. Jael Aster says:

Oh Wowza, I LOVE this–so true, small gestures are rarely small at all! Love you, Sister–will share more about this topic with you later…