Don’t Pass By

puddles in May 002
Each face you pass, each life and heart
Eternal value bears.
The Maker Who with love made all
Placed man with loving care.

Each fellow trav’ler has a tale.
Each life tells truth abound.
Each heart has hurts and joys untold
Like treasures to be found.

Dare look into your neighbor’s soul,
Slow down and take a while
Intently listen with your heart.
Don’t pass God’s lesson by.

For in your neighbor’s pains and joys
God may have truth and hope.
God may have placed Him on your path,
Today, to help YOU cope.

snake and flowers 020“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul and with all your mind
and with all your strength.’

The second is this:
‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Mark 12:30-31 ESV
(Poem and pictures, by Heidi Viars, 2014)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Song and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Don’t Pass By

Oh, yes, Lord, help me slow down, to treasure the people you bring my way. And may I be receptive to the lessons You have for me through them. Thank you especially for Heidi, and for her creative, heart-touching poetry!

2. Beautiful thoughts! I sang the words as I read them. Inspirational.

Amen! What a wonderful exhortation and beautiful images! Reminds me of this quote:

“People are hurting far more than you know and far more than they show… You have far more to offer than you know and far more than you show.” —Chip Ingram in The Awesome Power of Encouragement

I appreciate how your poems and images stir us up to love and good works. Thank you, Heidi!

4. mwitasblog says:

Everything here is beautiful.

5. Skye says:

This is so lovely, Heidi. I feel like God uses you as one of those “faces” in my life….Hugs, Dear Friend.

Thank you, dear Heidi, for the precious reminder to love our neighbors. I have some really special ones and am praying now to take more time with them and for them. God bless you!

7. Starralee says:

Isn’t it amazing how that happens sometimes–eager to help, give hope, we are often blessed with His healing instead/too.

I agree with you. That is where I was going with this. We often think that people need us. If we spent ourselves on others we often find out it was not only for them, but also for us 🙂

8. sf says:

How truly special, this poem!

9. Beautiful Heidi … a precious post full of much wisdom. Love the photos too!

10. Very nice, Heidi–and I so love these two vital commandments. My guidance is all right there… Regards.