Everlasting Light

light april morning 004Help me to see YOUR Light today,
The Light You shine upon my way.

Help me to look just at my feet
for here – today – you meet my need.

Your Light’s sufficient – leads me on.
No other Light will last as long.

For man-made light goes out real fast,
But Christ, God’s Word, and Light will last.

deer, April 5th, 2014 010Forever, O LORD, your word is firmly fixed in the heavens.
Psalm 119:89 (ESV)

(Pictures and Poem, Heidi Viars, 2014)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Prayer, Revival, Song, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Everlasting Light

1. Jennifer says:

These deer—do you see them? Are they “yours” near your home? They are lovely! The words are, too, but the deer grabbed my eyes and wouldn’t let them go…

We live in a very rural area. We have deer everywhere. Last weekend, I drove to the woods where I walk regularly. As I was praying for God to show me His peace on this walk, I saw them on the side of the road. They were walking across the golf course and almost in a playful mood. They let me drive right up. They just looked at me and let me take the pictures … and then they ran off 🙂 Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Blessings and peace to you!

Praise God for his everlasting light that will illumine our life-path all the way to heaven! With complete trust we can count on him now and forever. Thank you, Heidi, for beautifully highlighting these familiar (yet easily forgotten in the midst of turmoil!) truths.

3. Truly, a beautiful post, Heidi. Thank you. It lifted my spirits this afternoon for sure. I hope you are doing well. Please let me know how things are if you ever have a free moment…I know it must be a bit tight time wise, though. ❤ Love you.

Amen! And oh! What a blessing to see the Lord’s creatures! Beautiful images and poem/prayer!

Thank you, so much for your kind comment, Rene. I appreciate your comments so very much. The picture below is from my walk last Saturday, when I prayed for God’s peace to flood my heart. Peace flooded … along with a deep awareness of His constant and loving presence … He never leaves nor forsakes us!!! Blessings to you, sister!

I want the Light that lasts! Thank you, Heidi, for letting His light shine through you. God bless.

6. sf says:

Ooh la la – deer! Beautiful poem and pics!

7. So lovely – and it is just about today. That second photo took my breath away.

8. As always, an encouraging read from you. I love how you start out .. “Help me …” As bright as God’s light is, we often turn to gaze at much lesser things. I want to say, “God, help me to see. I am distracted. Help me.”

9. Heidi, the gentle yet sufficient light in the last picture goes so well with your encouraging poem. He is enough.

Blessings ~ Wendy ❀