Silence Please

snowy-february-morning-043.jpg

I walked into the woods today,

God’s will and heart to find.

I poured my worries on the way.

Searched Him for rest of mind.

As quiet came and stillness neared,

My racing thoughts He eased.

My doubting soul and all I feared

Were ushered into peace.

As voices in my head were stilled

I finally could hear.

His voice my heart with comfort filled,

“My child, I’m always here.”

snowy February morning 009
For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel,
“In returning and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.”
But you were unwilling,
Isaiah 30:15 (ESV)
~~~
(poem and pictures Heidi Viars, 2014)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Revival, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Silence Please

1. I nominated you for the Field of Flowers Award! Thank you for your awesome posts. 🙂 You can go here: (http://bowingathisfeet.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/field-of-flowers-award-nominees/) to learn more. It’s your choice whether or not you want to accept it, but I just wanted to express my appreciation of your blog. Be blessed. 🙂

Thank you so much, Amanda, for your kind words. I so appreciate your heart for the Lord and what you write at your blog as well. Blessings on your journey with Jesus. I am grateful God allowed us to cross paths 🙂

2. Wonderful words indeed, simple yet beautifully eloquent. Silence is indeed essential if we want to be surrounded by God’s presence and hear Him speak into our hearts.

Thank you so much, Konstantine for your visit! You are right, silence is so necessary to hear our loving Father’s whispers to our hurried hearts … blessings to you, friend!

3. Beautiful foto and words!

I was just thinking the same thing that you said to Stephen above: God is so patient with us. We worry; he reassures. We faint; he upholds. We fear; he soothes. Again and again, with love and compassion. All we need be is willing.

Thank you, Heidi. You dispense truth with such poetic grace!

5. Love this, Heidi! I read it twice so the words could sink in. Thank you sharing:)

6. sf says:

I love how you had chosen a verse that ends with “But you were unwilling,” Many times when I’d read verses like those, it hits me like a brick or like a stab. So convicting. But because we’re forgetful people, it’s wonderful that He reminds us to come back and to do our best to park ourselves near to Him as best and as often as we can. Wonderful reminder of a post!

One version says … “In repentance and rest” … Yes, repenting of our ways, coming back, and then staying there is the key … Thank you so much for blessing me with your comment, dear one!

7. Skye says:

Absolutely beautiful, my dear friend!!! It blessed my heart especially after our chat. You are such a beautiful soul. Love you!

8. Oh Heidi, this poem is so beautiful and it has truly blessed me. The last verse made my heart leap.

A leaping heart is good, isn’t it! What a God we serve. Can you just imagine how our hearts will leap one day, when we finally get to see Him in all His glory 🙂 Blessings to you!

9. cshowers says:

Oh Heidi,this was absolutely beautiful, and oh so comforting. His is that still small voice… the One we must quiet ourselves to hear. Thank you for sharing this with us today, Heidi. It truly blessed me.

Love,
    Cheryl

How my heart continually longs for that still small voice in my life. What peace we find when we submit and surrender our understanding to His… You are a blessing to me, dearest Cheryl!

10. Always beautiful. You seem to bring alive the Holy Spirit in me through your poetry and images. Thank you so much for this continued blessing, Heidi.

11. Heidi, I loved the poem. God is always so patient and willing to calm our troubled souls. He has to do so with me time and time again. Both pics are lovely; especially like the bottom one with the sun peeking through the trees. Thanks for taking us on your walk!

12. blmaluso says:

When my eyes caught the beauty of the sun shining through the trees in the second photo, the beauty took my breath away. Quietness and trust…thank you for sharing such comfort with us:-)

As I was walking, the sunlight filtered through the woods. As I stepped into those bits of light, I looked over to find the sun marvelously displaying light through the trees. After seeing the picture, a friend remarked that “Light always overcomes the darkness!” I do agree with that. Thank you for reading and letting me share~

13. I’ve just finished reading this for the third time, and I can feel my breathing slow. Your beautiful photos help usher in peace.

14. Such an elegant way to frame the loveliness of silence . . . thank you dear Heidi!

So beautiful… both images and poem. Your writing brings to mind a teaching I recently heard. It was for worship leaders and teams and began with the foundation of who we are as Christians–a royal priesthood. And one of the duties of the Levitical priests, whose role was a shadow of ours, was to ‘carry’ the ‘presence’ of the LORD wherever they went and to help the people enter into worship. Your poetry does that. Thank you for being faithful and a blessing!

What you said about “carrying the presence” of the LORD really touched my heart. On my many walks, I often ask God to bless me with this presence … It brings tears to my eyes even now, to be found worthy for Him to dwell in me, a sick, sin-filled, and desperate person. What grace that would allow for the living God to have provided the perfect sacrifice in Himself, namely Jesus, so that a people like us would be able to carry His presence … What love, what kindness, what God … Blessings to you, dearest Rene

16. Mirada says:

Very beautiful, you have such a gift, Heidi. God bless you.

17. Lori Lara says:

Oh, I absolutely love this!

18. Beautiful dear Heidi … how powerful and convicting is the last line “But you were unwilling … “!

19. This is beautiful and that is one of my favorite verses. It is such a good think to search for quietness and rest in the Lord.