Fearless Knights

P1060534

(To my three Sons)

Long ago, when you were small,
All little boys, and not so tall,
I held you in my arms real tight,
While kissing rosy cheeks goodnight.

We spun old tales of kings and knights
Of castles, dragons, swords, and fights.
I ask you to grow bold and brave
Become brave knights who’d fight and save.

It never did occur to me
How fast you’d  grow those knights to be.
Now time has passed and you are grown,
Own swords and battles of your own.

My prayer is that you’d become
All valiant men for God, my sons.
For He will fight with you each fight
Help you become His fearless knights.

With Love,
Mom

P1060571Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.
Put on the whole armor of God,
that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the cosmic powers over this present darkness,
against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God,
that you may be able to withstand in the evil day,
and having done all, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:10-13

~~~
(Pictures, Heidi Viars, 2013, Cochem Castle, Germany
Poem, Heidi Viars 2014)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Revival and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Fearless Knights

1. Mirada says:

WOW, what a gorgeous, loving tribute and prayer for your boys. You are blessed.

2. A Servant says:

I’m not a mom but fathers see it too. My two children are grown, one is married and in ministry, the baby is in college. May our children honor God and continue the fight for lost souls.
    A Servant

Yes, talking with my husband, at times I think fathers have an even more difficult role, namely reflecting the Heavenly Father … Yes, may they honor God and fight for lost souls … may they grasp the eternal importance in both.

3. Ben Nelson says:

Oh – i really love this – A+! Heidi

4. Wonderful Heidi. It happens in a blink, the way they grow up so fast!

5. Oh what a blessing to have three wonderful sons, Heidi! And what a beautiful poem and prayer for each of them. I have a son and a daughter, and I have the very same thoughts and prayers for them, too. Thank you for putting these into such magnificent words. Most of all, I rejoice with you in that we have a Heavenly Father Who cares for us mothers and for our children, and Who loves us with an everlasting love.

He does care so deeply for them. To quote a friend, the best thing to do for our Children is to lead them to the Holy Spirit. He will guide them so much better than we can even guide them. Thank you for your encouraging comment, dearest Dee.

6. Skye says:

I love this, Heidi!!! I can just imagine the joy they experienced reading such wonderful words from a very special mom. Big hugs!!! *applause*

they haven’t read it yet … happens to be a battle night … but maybe when they put down their weapon and take a breather, they might enjoy it 🙂 praying for their armor to hold up! thanks for the hug … (and the applause) it’s much appreciated tonight!