Open Me

Sunrise snowy morning 015Open my eyes to the souls next to me.
Open my vision to hearts who can’t see.

Open my ears so their cries I can hear.
Open my life, living Christ’s hope – not fear.

Open my arms to the hurt and the lost.
Open my wallet not counting the cost.

Open my hands to release what I own.
Open my house – for the hurt make a home.

Open my mouth to speak Words of my King.
Open the floodgates for praises to ring.

Open the Word so that I understand.
Open my mind, know Your strong leading hand.

Open my soul for Your Spirit to reign.
Open my heart, own just Christ, my true gain.

Isaiah 58'10

(Heidi Viars, 2013)

โ€œIf you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth ...โ€ โ€• C.S. Lewis ..... In my pursuit of self, I found utter darkness. In my pursuit of truth, I found Jesus, who dispelled the darkness by His forgiveness. Now I follow Him and try to understand Him better. I am a wife, mother of 6, blogger and love taking photographs of sunrises.
This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Prayer and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Open Me

1. sf says:

Ah! Gorgeous pictures!

2. Absolutely beautiful. A life completely open to Jesus is a life worth living!

3. This is so beautiful! Maybe your “1 word” for this year could be open??

4. Shelly says:

Beautiful photo and poem. May we all be open to the Lord this year and what He has for us. Have a blessed 2014!

5. Simply beautiful Heidi! Have a blessed new year my blog friend!

Amen…. So many of your prayers echo what’s in my heart, but you express it so well and so beautifully.

7. cshowers says:

Open me — beautiful… This is my prayer too — to be always open to His will and His way… God bless you Heidi!

Love,
    Cheryl

It seems much easier to me to write poetry about it, rather than allowing Him to crack my hardened heart and surrender it all … But He is so trustworthy, isn’t He! …. much love to you, Cheryl~

8. Heidi, I love the verse and picture you put together. This a wonderful word for us to meditate and reflect on with obedience to follow.

2014 Blessings ~ Wendy

Isaiah 58 reveals so much about the heart of God and was the moving force behind this poem. I have read through it this past year many times. Actually verses 8-12 are such an incredible promise to us that He goes with us when we spent ourselves on behalf of the broken. He has proven that to me so powerfully this year, And yet, I struggle to let go …
      I am grateful He is patient! New Year’s blessings to you, dearest Wendy!

What a perfect prayer poem for us to start the New Year with! Thank you and God bless you!

Thanks so much, Debbie for coming by… I pray we are willing to let Him open those places and then freely surrender all to Him. Blessings to you in 2014, dear blogging friend!

10. Caddo says:

Oh wowza, I’m lovin’ this, Heidi. God bless you BIG–Blessed New Year! love, sis Caddo

11. Beautiful poetry – to open our hearts, our homes – what inspiring sentiment for the New Year – and I love. love too how when we do this our gloom is as bright as noonday! Happpy New Year Heidi!

12. booklovers1 says:

Beautiful! Both the words and the picture. Thanks for sharing.