By Streams of Water

tree by streams of water 001

Today I left familiar paths
And walked down by the lake.
There sat in silence on a bench.
Watched wind cold waters break.

As waves crashed ruthless on the beach,
My eyes drifted along.
I noticed there a quiet tree.
Her trunk was bent, but strong.

The earth around her held her tight,
While waves beat at her feet.
Her branches stretched out to the light,
As harsh winds took her leaves.

Whilst cold and wind she stood her ground,
Was planted there to stay.
Just like this tree may I be found.
Make me like her, I pray.

tree by streams of water 003Father,
Continue to help me stay right there
by Your streams of Living Water.
Help me to grow strong,
no matter what may come against me.
Help me to endure harsh seasons
and teach me to trust that You are working in me,
for Your glory.
In Jesus’ Name”
~~~
Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.
 He is like a tree

planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
    and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
Psalm 1:1-3 – ESV
(Poetry, pictures, and prayer by Heidi Viars, 2013)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Prayer, Revival, Song, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to By Streams of Water

Beautiful photos, poem and prayer. Amen…

2. theywhoseek says:

“Her trunk was bent, but strong.” sounds a bit like me:) I pray too that I remain like her, strong and still . . . gleaming from the Living Waters power and strength to see me through whatever winds may come ! ~ Amen and Blessings ~

Oh thank you for taking the time to listen for Him and then write and share with us! What an encouragement for those of us who are planted in places where the wind blows hard on us and the waves try to wear away our soil. Just beautiful, Heidi! God bless you!

I think when we experience the kindness of our God, we can’t help but share it … and that helps our faith grow too … so, THANK YOU for reading and commenting… blessings to you … Hope you have a beautiful weekend (and hope you get some rest too and get a break from painting 🙂 )

4. Caddo says:

Wow, this is nice, Heidi. You have a lovely poetic gift! God bless you BIG–love, sis Caddo

5. Wonderful Heidi. As always, I love it when you take us along on your walks! Thanks

6. Beautiful Heidi … kept firmly planted by streams of Living Water even though the world may bend and shake us.

7. markblock says:

Beautiful work. You sure have a way of giving to the heart of Scripture and putting it into poetry. I love it.

8. Perfect post to read right before bedtime. Absolutely beautiful, Dear Friend!! 🙂