To My Stained Glass Friends

Tiefenbach, August 4th, 2013 035

Your life, a gift – by God’s own will,

Created to reflect the Light,

Was placed with perfect thought and skill

To mirror God’s amazing might.

Hope, Light, and Love through you He sheds,

While holding you in precious hands,

Illuminates what once was dead,

Shows those around you hopeful plans.

His wisdom manifold displayed

through you, my precious stained glass friend.

Your fragile frame let it not sway!

Perfection’s promised in the end.

“Father, thank You for the friends in my life
who continually lift my eyes to You.
Bless their obedience to You and continue
to use them and their gifts to point others to You.”

(Heidi Viars, 2013)

Tiefenbach, August 4th, 2013 036

And we all, with unveiled face,
beholding the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same image
from one degree of glory to another.
For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18 ~ ESV

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Prayer, Revival, Song and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to To My Stained Glass Friends

1. This is great. I love stained glass windows. Our church has beautiful old windows which were installed in 1900. As the light shines through, it radiates into, over, and through the congregation.

Thanks for following me and reading my blog. I appreciate it. God bless you.

Your blog blessed me today, dear Carol. Thanks for your visit here … what a great image I have in my mind now: Light shining in and through those who are a part of Christ’s Body. Blessings to you.

• Blessings to you as well, Heidi. I have read more individual blogs today than I have on any other day in my life! It has been rewarding, inspiring, educating and so much more. The individual styles are intriguing as well. I have a friend in Africa who says that I “talk write.” I probably do much of the time. 🙂

I am looking forward to reading more of your blogs!

Carol

Just want to add my voice to those above: What a heart-touching poem, with imagery that describes so eloquently what we want to be: glorious reflections of God into a hurting world. Thank you, Heidi, for inspiring us, post after post!

Thank you, Nancy, for your always kind (and this time ever so timely) words of encouragement! Be blessed as you stand firm, and as He sheds His Light right through you!

3. blmaluso says:

Beautiful! Thanks for blessing me this morning!!

4. Thank you Heidi…being lead to this was a blessing to me tonight. I needed to hear God’s presence in another’s life. The poetry and art are beautiful.

5. This was beautiful, Heidi. I’m thankful for His light shining through you! 🙂

\o/

6. Reblogged this on hisglorysm and commented:
    I pass this on in the hope that it will bless you as it blessed me this morning. Praising God for the Light of His Love that shines through even the darkest days. All to His Glory!

7. May the light of His love continue to shine through you to bless others as I have been blessed this morning. Tears flow as I face leaving my dad but the reminder of “Hope, Light, and Love through you He sheds, While holding you in precious hands,” has provided the strength I lacked. May God continue to bless you as you continue to reflect His Perfect Light to encourage others.

Our God is a marvelous God …He uses His sin-sick, fallen, and hurt creation to speak His Truth to our hearts. What amazing grace! … He is worth pursuing! Thank you for reading and commenting. I treasure your words of encouragement. Blessings to you!

8. Anonymous says:

“Your fragile frame…” “Placed with perfect thought and skill…” “Illuminates what once was dead…” Nice lines. Good concept, good analogy: stained glass friends. Thanks!

9. JD Blom says:

Reblogged this on A DEVOTED LIFE.

10. Very lovely, Heidi. I have been wanting to photograph a stained glass window at my church, but timing it when there aren’t folks milling around is tricky. I guess it’s a good thing that folks are milling around a church, though! 🙂

How beautiful, Heidi! This really blessed me and lighted up my day! Thank you for being one of those stained glass friends that He shines through! God bless!

Thank you so much for your visit … miss your poetry, friend, but love it when I see you on the web here and on others sites … shining His light …. blessings to you … hope you are seeing glimpses of the Father all around 🙂

12. Heidi Viars says:

(((( 🙂 )))) thanks for your visit, Skye!

13. Skye says:

Absolutely beautiful, Heidi. You truly are a blessing. 🙂 Big hugs!!

14. Heidi, I love stained glass windows! You’ve made them even more beautiful with the added reference to his ‘Light’.

I thought about it today … God using us as stained glass windows in each others’ lives … shining His Light right through 🙂 beautiful reflections! Thanks for your visit, Wendy!

15. Beautiful Heidi … and we are soldered together with the immutable grace and love and mercy (and so much more) of God having the rainbow of promise shine through.

Beautiful poem! And what a beautiful thought that we “placed with perfect thought and skill to mirror God’s amazing might” together.

17. Caddo says:

Oh wow, isn’t this the most gorgeous post–both the lovely poem, and the wonderful glass images!! God bless you BIG–love, sis Caddo

18. scott says: