Good News

nature, September, orchard 056

This last week, I was visiting a friend at her orchard. Branches were bending with lush fruit and my senses were overwhelmed with a deep awareness of God’s abundant provisions.

nature, September, orchard 063

If you are finding yourself in a desperate place today, hurt and in need of some good news, please take heart, my friend. The Maker of the Universe, sovereign and all-knowing, cares with infinite love for His own.

nature, September, orchard 043

If you are not His, ask Him. Plead with His heart to show you how to make this happen. Recognize that your own plans will fail you and that your sin is leaving you desperate. Before a Holy God you are unable to stand without a covering.

nature, September, orchard 036

He has made provisions for you. He has sent His Son to show you how much He cares. He went willingly to pay for the sins of those who look to Him. Take Him at His Word. Let Him lead you. Let Him take care of your sins for you. He will not turn a seeking heart away.

nature, September, orchard 034

Give Him your life today. Turn from that which you know is wrong. Ask Him to strengthen you to go forward on the right paths.

nature, September, orchard 047

He has made every provision necessary for you to be with Him, now and for eternity.

But now apart from the law
the righteousness of God has been made known,
to which the Law and the Prophets testify.

This righteousness is given
through faith in Jesus Christ
to all who believe.
There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

and all are justified freely by his grace
through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
Romans 3:21-24

β€œIf you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth ...” ― C.S. Lewis ..... In my pursuit of self, I found utter darkness. In my pursuit of truth, I found Jesus, who dispelled the darkness by His forgiveness. Now I follow Him and try to understand Him better. I am a wife, mother of 6, blogger and love taking photographs of sunrises.
This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, Revival and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Good News

Amen. And you captured your friend’s wonderful orchard so beautifully!

2. Beautiful photos and message!

3. Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them. Loved the Scripture, too. πŸ™‚

\o/

4. Caddo says:

I LOVE the apple photos especially–gorgeous! God bless you Big today! love, sis Caddo

5. daniellajoe says:

Great post beautiful apples πŸ™‚ God is awesome !!

6. emeraldogzz says:

You make it easy and exciting Heidi πŸ™‚ God bless you loads.

7. Those are great looking apples. We as God’s fruit will look good too when we abide in Him (John 15).

8. scriptordeus says:

Your photos and words remind me what a generous God I have, abundant in provision for my physical self as well as my spiritual self. Thank you, Heidi!
    (those apples make me want to bite into one, they look so good!)

As soon as I walked into the orchard, my heart wanted to sit and soak in the beauty. Abundant spiritual blessings … a glimpse of what is to come when one day, in His presence, we will see, hear, know without any obstacles. Thank you for blessing me with your comment πŸ™‚

9. findingmyinnercourage says:

Captivating reminder of God’s abundance. Stunning photos!

thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment… God truly lavishes His grace on His children … I am in awe of Him πŸ™‚ thank you so much for sharing about your journey with chronic pain … Blessings to you, friend~

10. Rosemary says:

Beautiful, just beautiful pictures. God over and over again shows not only His abundance but beauty at this time of year. Keep taking pictures, Heidi and writing.

11. Lovely images with an equally lovely reminder of God’s provision.

12. Amy Lou says:

Fabulous. Worthy of sending to others, which I just did!

13. Skye says: