Bathing in Grace

How could my sick heart fathom
The love you pour out
Each moment I am breathing
In fears and out doubt.

Teach my soul to be silent –
To know Your sweet grace.
Teach my heart to be open
To You lift my gaze.

Help my heart hear the sweet song
You sing over me.
Tune my Spirit to Your Love.
Blind my eyes to see.

Let Your grace all sufficient,
Be what I desire.
Let Your love in my new heart
Set others afire.

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Ephesians 2:4-9

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Revival and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Bathing in Grace

1. Beautiful! This ought to be a song. It fills me with longing. Life’s been too full lately, the times away with the Lord too few. 😦

\o/

These lines in particular brought an “Amen” to my lips: “Teach my soul to be silent -To know Your sweet grace.” Silence IS a learned skill; deep appreciation of God’s grace happens over time as we experience him more fully with each passing year. Thank you, Heidi, for expressing so beautifully the groanings of our spirits!

I so agree with you … getting to know Him in stillness and silence … something my heart is longing for more and more … “Be still and know that I am God …” Thanks so much, Nancy!

3. A tender picture, full of grace.

What a beautiful, heartfelt poem prayer. Your images made me smile as I imagined the little birdies hopping about and fluttering their wings as they enjoyed the puddle. 🙂

5. vonhonnauldt says:

“Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” Matthew. 6:26.

Wise words of our Lord, to go with the delightful pictures. Though the highest part of creation, we humans are probably the only part of it that worries about whether or not God is going to take care of us.

Wonderful poetry as well and always.

6. emeraldogzz says:

The words so pure and direct from the heart. This is a prayer the Lord most definitely wants to hear us say. God bless you heidi

7. Heidi Viars says:

You are a blessing … sigh … Skye … (oh my … :-))

8. Sigh….you bless with words and pictures so often. Thank you, Dear Friend. Sigh…beautiful.

9. pattisj says:

Great poem. Watching birds in the water is always a treat.

10. melodylowes says:

How beautiful are the ‘little things’ – such a sweet picture of seizing an opportunity found in those cheerful tiny creatures. I love the heart behind these words, Heidi.

11. bennetta faire says:

Oh wow, oh wow–I love this so much, Heidi. God bless you BIG.

12. Heidi, I love the picture of the birds bathing in the puddle! How perfectly it goes with your words of grace. He uses even the puddles of despondency for good.

I met them the other day on my walk. It had rained just a little the night before … enough to bring the birds delight in gathering together 🙂 thanks for blessing me with your kind comment, Wendy!

13. theywhoseek says:

Heidi you took the words right out of my mouth . . . as I am writing a poem that says just about the same thing. . . God bless you girlfriend and sister in Christ!