Seize the Moment

sunrise, fog, June 27th, 2013 029

The sun soon sets

Then nighttime’s here

I can’t forget

To walk – not fear.

cabin, sunrise, lake, benches, JUne 27th, 2013 010

“Father, teach me to live for You each moment of the day.
Help me to walk in the Holy Spirit
and listen intently to where You want me to go.
Help me to remember not to fear.
Help me to know that time is short
to do the things You have asked me to do.”
(Heidi Viars, 2013)

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
Ephesians 5:15-17

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Prayer, Revival, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Seize the Moment

Those photos were amazing , Heidi, paired with your poem and scripture! Thank you so much for the special way you encourage us! God bless you!

2. Yes, I agree. There are so many moments that God has made for us that we let pass. i know I do. He has made them just for us–to enjoy with Him. I need to get out more! Thanks for the encouragement and for capturing some of those precious moments so well–the paths you walk on with Him.

Thanks, Stephen. Walking has become such an important part of my day. I started out to do it for exercise, now it’s to meet Jesus. Learning to be still enough to recognize the moments can be tricky, in such a fast world. Blessings to you, brother, as you seek Him on your path – moment by moment 🙂

3. Rosemary says:

Liisten, listen, listen and Do Not Fear. If we listen, then we do not NEED to fear? Did you know do not fear Is in the Bible 133 times, at least I think that is what Chuck Colson said. LOVE THOSE PHOTOGRAPHS. I think of you often and how you seek the Lord alone, attentive to Him. It speaks to me that I too need to listen, to get alone, to seek God. PTL as you are doing.

Thanks so much, Rosemary, for those words of encouragement. Let’s continue to remind each other that we have nothing to fear, on the paths the Lord shows us … 🙂 Much love, dear friend!

4. Thanks for the prayer. I’m making it my own and adding an “Amen” to it. Beautiful poem, coupled with beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

\o/

Beautiful God, Tammi! Thanks for your visit and for chasing hard after our God … and for sharing the treasures you find in the Word with us in your posts … love them 🙂 Blessings, sister!

5. I so love your poetry–and echo your thoughts in this one; time is such a funny thing…. God bless you.

Thank you for you visit here and taking time to comment. I look forward reading your posts and explore the Word and His creation together 🙂 God bless you.

What breathtaking images of the sun’s rays! And what beautiful prose and heartfelt prayer. Blessings to you!

Two days ago, after a rainy night, the sunrise was breathtaking. The mist rose as I walked. Our God is breathtaking and leaves us glimpses all around. Thank you for your comment and for pointing us to Him in your posts! Blessings to you as well 🙂

7. I was praying this morning for the Holy Spirit to help me hear His voice more distinctly. I too want to live every moment for Him. LOVELY photos. Blessings on your day.

You remind me of John 15 and how important it is to abide in Christ and His Word. The more we know Him in His Word the better we are able to listen to Him, discern His will, and follow His voice … Blessings dear Sue as you live this moment for Him 🙂

8. Sofia says:

Wonderful and amazing photos!

9. This is beautiful Heidi and your pictures are breathtaking…You are so talented!

Thank you, Hannah… I can’t take credit for the pictures, I just pushed a button on my camera … God leaves glimpses of Himself all around … just trying to find them 🙂 … You have a wonderful blog … creative, practical, and inspiring 🙂 Be blessed!

10. Beautifully done, Heidi!!!

11. Heidi, this is such a beautiful post to read and to see! Time is definitely on the run.

12. Precious Heidi. Where are the tissues? Beautiful photos as well xx

When I wrote this post, I was listening to Stanton Lanier and had to cry myself … I guess that’s ok 🙂 … Thanks Liana….you are such a kind and tenderhearted sister!