Jesus

sunrise - November 1st, 2012 - Green Lake, WI
A longing great as oceans wide

A hunger nagging deep inside

A fire which I cannot hide

Jesus

A note my heart-beat longs to drum

A song my life-song aches to hum

A hopeful tune my heart strings strum

Jesus

A thirst for love I’ve never known

A need for care no one has shown

A grasp to know I’m not alone

Jesus

You know me – seen my deep, dark nights

You love me still – bled for my life

You are my soul’s deepest delight

Jesus

“Father, You sent Your only Son to this world for us.
In Him we find everything our longing hearts are searching for.
Thank You, for not sparing that which was most costly to You
to save and ransom that which is most costly to us,
namely our lives.”
(Heidi Viars ~ 2013)

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Prayer, Revival, Song and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Jesus

1. Beautiful! This reads like a song:) Maybe you have a melody in your head to go along with this? Love it!

2. journeyofjoy says:

Absolutely B E A U T I F U L ~! !

3. theywhoseek says:

Heidi, this touches my heart and fills in the cracks and crevices with God’s love and mercy ~ Blessings ~

You are worth so much to Him … He gave His life – freely. He loves you and pours His grace abundantly into you. … and then, through those cracks in you, shines His love and mercy right through you, for others to see! AMAZING GRACE! Blessings to you, dear sister!

4. This is wonderful! It’s wonderful to know you and so many long for Jesus as I do. That picture captures the light so well–almost like the glory of Jesus is shining through.

Yes, it was a sight to behold when I took them. When I tried to take the bottom picture, the camera kept shutting off because the batteries were almost dead. I was reminded that we need to enjoy what God gives us in the moment – see the amazing gifts He gives us here and now.
      This morning He blew me away when I came upon a field with millions of Ohio Spiderwort blossoms. I picked some and set them in vase on my kitchen table … tonight the blossoms all folded neatly back into the leaves, tucked away for the night … God’s marvelous wisdom and knowledge is displayed all around us. I can’t even get my kids to go to bed, yet God taught these fragile blossoms how to preserve energy at night and open again with the first beams of light … sorry for the lengthy reply … I am just overwhelmed by who Jesus is. Blessings, dear friend!

5. Hmm. Just give me Jesus! 🙂
    \o/

6. Heidi, your sunset pics are the best!!

7. savurbks says:

Beautiful Poetry! I look forward to following your blog!

8. Yoshiko says:

Yeah, Jesus saves me also during my darkest moment. Whenever I think about it, my heart is filled with gratitude

This is so so beautiful, Heidi! Thank you for writing and sharing! God bless you!

10. melodylowes says:

Ooh, I like this one! I feel the ache and longing with you – all of creation’s groaning is in my bones, too. (Or it that arthritis??) 🙂 You seem to have an extra ‘am’ in your third stanza???? I like the structure of this one especially. AND love the photos as well.

Thank you my dear, dear poet friend … thanks for drawing my attention to the goof-up 😳 … how sweet of you to let me know! What a day it will be when we finally see Him face to face … and each other too 🙂

11. markblock says:

Wow. Thank you for this. It is beautiful. This one has got to be one of my favorite of yours.

I was reading through your posts today and thought about how I feel about Jesus … Thank for stopping by, Mark … Blessing to you as you share Him in all the various ways God prompts you to!

12. cshowers says:

How beautiful Heidi. I was very blessed by it. It makes me think of a song by Casting Crowns called Lifesong…

Love,
    Cheryl

13. Rosemary says:

It is all about Him.

14. Heidi, your picture and poem are so glorious! A Heaven without Jesus would be like a sky without a sun.

Your comment reminds me of
      Psalm 19:4b-6
      “…In them He has placed a tent for the sun,
      Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber;
      It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.
      Its rising is from one end of the heavens,
      And its circuit to the other end of them;
      And there is nothing hidden from its heat.”

15. Caddo-Jael says:

Oh this is wonderfully lovely–our hearts so ache to be with Him!

16. She Says says: