Waiting

bench

You went away to make a place

Where we could live in peace

You said You would be back real soon

But could You come now, please.

You left Your Spirit for my Guide

To keep my wand’ring heart

From chasing others while I wait –

Save all for you – not part

You said Your Father had to check

The work before You’d come.

You did not know when He’d approve

Of all the work You’ve done

So then I wait for You, my King,

Keep pure my heart for One,

Until our Father knows the time,

Until for me You come.

John 14:1-3

Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

“Father, teach me to patiently wait for Jesus’ return. Help me to be faithful while I am waiting. Let my heart not be drawn away from Your truth. Help me to work diligently in the works You have laid out for me.”

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Ponderings, Prayer, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Waiting

1. markblock says:

You have some really good poetry! I was blessed today to find this.

2. theywhoseek says:

Heidi, this too is my heart’s cry . . . come quickly . . . but alas there are still too many that still need the time to find Him. Thank you for sharing this and God Bless You!

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
      (2 Peter 3:9) … bless you are you work in what He has for you!

3. pattisj says:

I love when a hole opens in the clouds and the Light pours through. And some days, “Come quickly, Lord Jesus,” is on my tongue. But yes, there is much work left to do.

4. Lovely. The photos are beautiful, too.

Lovely God 🙂 … I took the bottom picture on my birthday … the beams of light felt like a beautiful gift from God … I rushed to take my camera out and took the shot across the frozen lake … He amazes me 🙂

5. Nigel Carter says:

A beautiful poem and prayer. Thank you.

Those pictures with your poem, scripture, and prayer somehow have me tearing up tonight. Thank you for helping me to continue patiently about the work He has for me, until He comes again. God bless you!!!

Waiting for Him can seem so long at times … but He has said He gave us all we need for life and Godliness while here (2 Peter 1:3) … lets cling to that and keep working, so He may find us faithful when He comes back 🙂 God bless you, sister!