These Days

ice storm 010These cold days say that you can’t grow

They say, “There’s only pain!”

But other days will surely show

These days are not in vain.

Though troubles, just like rain and frost,

Are now here – that’s for sure –

In Christ we hope and have our trust

In Him we can endure.

Don’t let this cold seep in your heart.

Let His Light warm your day.

Be strong In Him and set apart

These days for Him – and pray.

And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.  But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”
Jesus in Matthew 24:12-13

“Father, please help me to stay close to Your heart. Teach me to continue to look to You and stay hopeful and filled with joy, trusting Your sovereignty. Show me how to point the world to You.”

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Prayer and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to These Days

1. Thank you for the encouraging words…loved the light behind the last photo:)

2. The photos really seal the message! Thanks!

3. Heidi Viars says:

Beautiful God 🙂 … thanks for your encouragement, Barb

4. barb says:

Beautiful pictures…beautiful words. Thanks for the encouragement.

5. theywhoseek says:

Ah, this is beautiful and it warms my heart reading it . . . in all things we can and will endure through and in Jesus. Amen and Amen and God bless you Heidi”

6. Rosemary Nelsen says:

Amen to the words AND I Love your pictures. Rosemary

7. Anonymous says:

AMEN

Beautiful and encouraging for all of us, Heidi! Thank you for your faithfulness! God bless you!

9. Heidi, Thank you for the encouragement of your words, for surely, Christ is our light and our salvation, our warmth and secure abode in the midst of the coldness and difficulties in the world around us. Love in Him, Dee

10. Heidi, I love your pictures and the message you formed from them!

11. melodylowes says:

Great thoughts – I like your observations and conclusions – that’s what I see when I see that ice, too – a place ready to be impacted by a thawing touch from God…

Our world here was covered in ice this morning … another chance to see God’s messages to us all around 🙂 Thanks Melody for your warm thoughts! Blessings