Asking Jesus the Heart Question

bird - provisions

Dear Jesus,

Remember, when I asked You to come into my heart?

Lord, I changed my mind.

I would like to leave the comfort of my own heart and live in Your heart.

Rather than seeing people through my eyes,

I want to see them through Yours.

Rather than making You live by my rules,

I want to live by Yours.

Rather than living in my love,

I want to live in Yours.

Rather than hanging on to my hope,

I want Yours.

Rather than living in my faith,

I want to live in Yours.

I would like to move in completely.

Can I please ask myself into Your heart?

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Romans 8:1-4

beams of ligth

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Ponderings and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Asking Jesus the Heart Question

1. Profound dear lady! Profound.
    God bless your heart as you are found in His.
    Amen!
    -Heather

2. Gloryteller says:

Beautiful concept, well written. Thank you.

3. T. E. Hanna says:

I love the juxtaposition of this. To be honest, I get rather irritated with the current Christian culture that defines the faith in terms of “accepting Jesus” or “asking Him into our heart”, principally because the central cry of Jesus was “follow me” not “accept me”. But you managed to turn that on its head, and restored the ‘heart prayer’ into a devoted, active pursuit of God. Love it.

Thanks T.E.! Appreciate your devotion to Him and thought-provoking posts at your place! Living in HIM… I think a better place to be than just “with Him” … blessings to you!

4. Heidi Viars says:

Thank you … there is no better place to find ourselves, not only near the heart of God, but in it! Blessings to you

5. Wonderful words Heidi!
    This reminds me of a line in a poem:
    `When you love you should not say, `God is in my heart´, but rather `I am in the heart of God´- Kahlil Gibran x

6. Beautifully turned on its head, in a holy way!
    Wonderful, Heidi!

Thank you, Maria. I love reading at your place. God’s peace and rest flow from your “pages”. Thank you for making us stop and think, as we fight the busyness along with numbness. You are appreciated!
      Blessings!

7. I appreciate your poems! I am thankful that you found something good in my recent post. Living in Christ’s love always asks more, as we all know, and doing more can be at times feel like a real challenge. Each day brings small opportunities to send love into our ragged world. It is amazing how we can create a force for good with God’s ever-present mercy to guide us…He moves within us when we stay open… Blessings to you and yours.

Thank you Cynthia. I love reading at your place. Yes, it is a ragged world and it is our job to shine Christ’s love. Funny, after I posted my reply to Bill (Unshakeable Hope – above) I headed out to the grocery store. I sat in the car before walking in. I prayed that God would open my eyes to see with His eyes. Amazingly, in the produce isle I “bumped” into a woman. A very small talk about the prices, turned into a conversation in which she told me her sister had just passed away. We talked for a while and we ended up hugging, in tears. Strangers, now praying for God’s comfort… I praise my very intimate and present God for answering prayers, which open our eyes to see how to love our neighbors (and in that love HIM)… Blessings to you as well!

8. Awesome, Heidi!
    I think one of the most important prayers we can and should pray is for the Holy Spirit to allow us to see others through the eyes of Christ; there is no prejudice or biases in those eyes and “There is no condemnation…” in those eyes!

9. Heidi Viars says:

10. Oh, Heidi…this is a special one. I’ve come to the end of my heart many times (like daily) and what a beautiful thought that His is ready and big enough to receive me!

He can draw us close to His heart and then keep us there too! Thank you, Patty, for your words of encouragement and for sharing from your heart at your blog … Blessings to you!

11. cludbrook says:

Beautiful! It reminds me of when my daughter at 5 – 5! – responded to me telling her that I love her with all my heart with; ” Daddy, i don’t love you with all my heart, I love you with all of Jesus’s heart”
    Matthew 19:14 if ever I heard it.
    Keep up the good work I love reading your devotionals.

Thank you for those encouraging words. Yes, In Jesus, with Jesus, and through Jesus we can do all things He asks of us to do… in our own strength, not so much! Blessings to you!

12. Lovely and worshipful! Heidi, I would especially like to see life and others through His eyes too.

This is another of your heart tugging ones, Heidi! Thank you for leading us in prayer and worship today! God bless you!

Been thinking how when we all get closer to Him in worship, we automatically get closer to each other … pretty cool! Thanks for tugging along – closer to His heart, Debbie!

14. Heidi Viars says:

He is the best place to lean into, isn’t He! 🙂 thanks Melody … blessings to you

15. melodylowes says:

,Wow… what a great question to be asking – it shows your heart’s leaning into all of the right spaces, Heidi. Lovely.