His Will – Our Prayer

Prayer Times

invitation for prayer

Help us to fight with the sword of Your Word –

Battle for loved ones, the sick, and the hurt.

Strengthen our weak faith and give us Your mind,

In Your name pray for the lost and the blind.

~~~

Teach us to lift up who can’t on their own,

Find the strength to come with faith to Your throne.

Give us the lamp of Your Word for our feet,

So that we may share it with those who can’t see

~~~

Help us to pray without seizing to seek

Your will in our lives – to be humble and meek.

Let pride not take root in our prayer today –

For Your thoughts are higher – and so is Your way.

“Father, help me to pray according to Your truth and Your will.”

This is the confidence which we have before Him,
that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask,
we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.
(1 John 5:14-15)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Prayer, Sunrises - Pictures. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to His Will – Our Prayer

1. Heidi Viars says:

Thank you for those kind words and for stopping by 🙂 Blessings to you.

2. Lisette Defoe says:

Nice… just tonight I posted on pride also. You are talented!

3. Heidi Viars says:

I thank you for your kind words, dear Wendy… I took the picture this morning on my walk. Benches line these paths throughout these beautiful woods and along the lake … such invitations to be still, to listen to His promptings and pray … I think we forget how powerful our prayers can be … Yes, lets be steadfast in praying!!! Blessings to you, Wendy 🙂

4. Heidi, I love how the picture set the mood perfectly and your poem was strong and steadfast all the way through. May we be steadfast in praying too.

5. Heidi Viars says:

thank you for that gift of encouragement! I love stopping by at your blog … you always have a way of lifting ones spirit … 🙂

Thank you so much for this prayer poem! God bless you!

7. melodylowes says:

Swing away! That sword is so vital, isn’t it? Nice call for us to stand for those who can’t – a high calling!

8. theywhoseek says:

Our confidence is in Him for all things . . . “For Your thoughts are higher ~ and so is Your way . . . Amen and Amen and God Bless

9. Heidi Viars says:

How nice of you to take time to post a comment 🙂 thank you!!!

10. Scott Viars says:

Very nice flow and words, keep posting.