Pardon Me

S’cuse me while you folks debate,
In knowledge deep and high,
While you ponder those who’re gone
And said their last good bye.

Sorry, if I bother you,
In fig’ring out who lied,
That boy took daddy’s gun away
Left, shot himself, and died.
I’m sorry if I interrupt
Your busy daily spiel,
There‘s that girl who cuts herself
So deep she cannot feel.
Please do forgive my forcefulness
While you look to the sky,
But could I point you to the ground
Where our children die?
Pardon, while you mince your words
With Greek and Hebrew flair,
Our children look to Satan’s lies
And answers will find there.
I beg you now to stop and pray
And turn your word to deed,
To love, and teach, and show the way
To kids who hurt so deep.
Show Christ’s love, the Truth, the Life,
So to destroy the lies.
Through Him this generation lives,
And through Him never dies.

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry, Ponderings and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Pardon Me

1. Scott Viars says:

Still to me, this is one of my favorites.

2. ddclaywriter says:

Thank you for the beautiful poem. “and turn your word to deed.”
    So few are willing to do more than just talk or shake their head when they see or hear of tragedy.

3. Heidi Viars says:

thank you for your visit today 🙂 you bless me with your blog … and deep longing for Jesus Christ … I often read your poetry back to the Lord … they so often reflect my own longing … Keep going!!!

4. theywhoseek says:

Amen and Amen! A wonderful prayer, song, poem of what is happening today in this dark world. God Bless you for enlightening our way with His truths.

5. This could be the lyrics to a song. I recommend you submit it to a singer-songwriter.

Actually, a few weeks ago someone did that … We sang it at the Kristen Anderson event last Sunday … Thank you so much for your kind words … your encouragement mean much to me!

6. Hill Harbor says:

True indeed

7. Heidi, I appreciate your lovely call to the church and us to keep/get our priorities straight.

Thank you Wendy… I had written it a few years ago in frustration and sadness … I had not posted it, thinking it was too negative … Thank you for you encouragement, dear friend 🙂

I loved this poem and the truth it conveys! Thank you for ministering to us today! God bless you!

9. This is reality. Our heart’s cry as a follower of Christ. Thank you for this wonderful poem of urgent need.