UNKNOWN (Five Minute Friday)

My husband and I sat in the large meeting room. There was a incredible tension in the room, an anticipation, a fear of the unknown. In a few minutes we were to meet three kids that would change our lives forever.

Home studies were finished, interviews done, many hours of talking and contemplating had passed. We were armed with little photo books of our lives, snippets of who we were, trying to convince three lives that it might be a good idea to take a leap into a forever family, into yet another unknown for them.

We heard foot steps and the first day of the rest of the greatest unknown unfolded.

I am linked up with Five Minute Friday. You can check it out here.

FMF Writing Prompt Link-up :: Unknown

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to UNKNOWN (Five Minute Friday)

1. Bill Sweeney says:

You and Scott are AMAZING!

2. Jenny Furse says:

So sweet ❤️. It reminds me of “vectoring”. One small moment, one fork in the road, one big effect.

3. Lesley says:

I enjoyed your post. That is an amazing step into the unknown! Visiting from FMF.

Are you writing a book about this adventure of adopting three children at once? I hope so!!

While adoption is definitely an adventure, there is a problem with telling a story that is partly not mine own. When the Lord tightly knits things together in a family and when trust is build, trying to expose a story for story sake can have the potential of making things come unraveled. I thought about writing a fairy-tale though 🙂

5. Celebrating God’s perfect will being worked out in such sweet ways . . .❤️ (Happy Five Minute Friday!)

6. aschmeisser says:

There’s something coming ’round the bend,
    its shape we cannot tell.
    A thing to welcome or forfend?
    Is it paradise, or hell?
    We see its shadow on the ground

#1 at FMF this week.

and on the rising walls,
    and strive for meaning in the sound
    of its strange new calls.
    We’re sometimes free to step away
    but often have to meet
    the demons of the dawning day,
    or God’s great mercy seat.
    But if you quail, and if you run,
    your heart will now what you have done.

7. Brenda Lynn says:

Now THAT was a leap of faith into a great unknown. But what love to keep you buoyant. Love it. (This is so great to find you “here”- FMF- too. Makes me smile.)

8. Joanne Viola says:

It is amazing how an unknown day can unfold forever changing our known lives. Grateful to be your neighbor this morning.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )