Friday Freedom-Find

One of my sons came home for a long weekend from college. We headed into the woods for a walk with the dog. When we came around a corner we saw this tree which I had never seen before.

It made us stop and marvel.

image000000

Don’t let the world take hold of you
Nor Satan bind you with his lies
Do not believe, “You won’t break through!”
Nor let your soul be bound with ties.

The view is small from where you stand-
Where sadness is a trusted friend.
But come and raise your holy hands
Lift eyes to Him whom Heaven Sent.

image000000[2]

For freedom Christ has set us free;
stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:1 (ESV)
(Poem and picture, Heidi Viars, 2019)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, church, Devotional, poetry, Ponderings, Revival and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Friday Freedom-Find

1. Terri Nida says:

Your poem took my breath away. Just beautiful.

2. moheeto says:

Such encouragement! The tree appears deformed, like we are in sin, but when we lift our hands up in surrender and worship we are made fully new.

3. Mary Sweeney says:

This picture looks like a natural wood gargoyle so it goes along with the first part of your poem.

I know, right? … I have walked by that tree a thousand mornings and have never seen it. Lukas and I found it in the afternoon… the sun shone on it differently. I have to see if I can get better pictures of it … it actually looks like there is an old lady to the other side of it… Crazy!

Thank,you, dear Heidi, for seeing God’s hand and heart every where you go! Blessings and love!

5. Sonrisa says:

Beautifully written

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )