No Temptation Has Seized You

Every time I see the following video, I am reminded of

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NKJV)
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man;
but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able,
but with the temptation will also make the way of escape,
that you may be able to bear it.

“Lord, teach our hearts to persevere in the face of trials and temptations.
You make a way for us.
Help us to rely on You, and You alone!”

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to No Temptation Has Seized You

1. Perseverance and trust have been the hallmark words of this year–how badly I wanted to give up, temptation so strong–But God kept a tight hold on my hand and heart, “dragging” me to victory and the bountiful harvest of blessings. All Praise and Glory to Our Great Father God!

2. Dear Heidi, I loved the little video with the mouse and trap! Obviously the mouse should have died as he did give into the temptation but this story so capably reminded us that God gives us a way out of temptation because of his never failing mercy. What a wonderful Heavenly Father we have! Thanks for this inspiring little story! Love Jacquie

3. Debbie M. says:

The mouse was resurrected! Yes, I am reading much into this… God’s word shares the dangers of sin (mouse trap) and shows us the way to life through Jesus Christ (cheese.) I would tag on the verse, James 1:12 – Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test,
    he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Thanks for sharing!

4. Mel Wild says:

That was an awesome commercial! My cat seriously object to it, though.
    Great analogy, too. 🙂

5. lol…rooting for a rat. Who would have ever “Thunk’d?”

6. realchange4u says:

I didn’t know weather to chuckle or cry. So glad the rat got out. Goes to show of you digest the right things.There will be a way out.Love it.

Peace to you

I love the way you see God’s truth everywhere, Heidi, even in a cheese commercial! 🙂

“For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.”
      Colossians 1:16
      – maybe “all things” include cheese commercials as well???? 🙂 … actually, our pastor used this commercial to make a point in a sermon on Luke 17 last Sunday. I just been pondering on it for a while.

8. Love this! Both the commercial and the connection. 😉

9. atimetoshare says:

My post today was on this verse also. Isn’t it amazing how God cares for all of his creatures in such an amazing way?

10. Paul says:

I was so sad when the mouse got trapped and then the ending was a total surprise. Well done.

11. Reblogged this on Susan Irene Fox and commented:
    I just had to share this today; shocking, surprising, and an absolutely full tilt illustration of 1 Corinthians 10:13. Thank you, Heidi! 😀

12. Heidi: OMGOSH! I did not expect that ending at all. What a great connection to verse, and a terrific commercial. Thank you for this wonderful illustration! 😀