Turn Around

homecoming, playing with light 029

I poured out all my fears today,
Along the path I walked.
My Savior listened as I prayed
He heard me as I talked.

His quiet, gentle Spirit said,
“Child, You must turn around,
Look up and lift your wearied head
From troubles on the ground.

For there in looking on the way,
Which lies behind your feet
You see my Light was here to stay –
Now trust and follow me.

I never ever leave your side,
Though dark it may appear.
The Light of Christ with you abides.
My peace and comfort’s near.”

homecoming, playing with light 017

Psalm 139:7
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
(Poem and Pictures, Heidi Viars, 2014)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Turn Around

What precious reminders in your poem and uplifting inspiration in your photos, Heidi. You ministered sweet comfort to my heart.

May the great Comforter help you walk through these days and may His peace that passes all understanding be yours. May that which you poured out over others’ lives, namely Holy Spirit encouragement, be lavished all over your days. Much love to you, dear Nancy!

2. Heidi, thank you for the beautiful reminder to focus on His Light rather than the darkness around us. Looking up is always the best choice we can make.

Blessings ~ Wendy ❀

3. deborah ann says:

Amen, Praise the Lord and Halleluiah sister . . . may we all have this conversation with our Savior! I love you Heidi 🙂

I took the picture in the morning on my walk as I turned around. When I came home the Lord gave me the words. You know that He walks with us in the fire and through the rough places. His light does not dim nor does He EVER leave us. He holds us through these valleys … I know you know this, dearest sister! I love you, too, Deborah!

What a blessing all of this is! Praying to keep my eyes lifted and on Him and not on the troubles on the ground! God bless you, Heidi!

There are indeed many troubles on the ground, dearest Debbie, but they are all under His feet 🙂 Yes, let’s pray we stay at His feet and keep looking up at Him! Bless you today!

5. Stunningly beautiful words and photos, especially that bottom one!

6. Amen to this poem! And the pictures are absolutely beautiful! God bless you for tuning in to Him!

7. Ponder says:

Yes, there’s no where we can wander that we’re out of His sight or fast strong hand! Oh how He loves us! Great poem, Sister.

8. Andy Oldham says:

WoW! This is so beautiful and the photo goes perfect with it. You are quite the poet!

9. Yoshiko says:

Thanks for the reminder. This really comforts my heart.

10. Nice wording and great thought!

11. shadowlilies says:

So beautiful. I had a time like this once and Jesus gave me a song…

Here’s the chorus…

Come be with Me…My arms enfold you
    Come rest your weary head upon My shoulder
    Consider all the lilies of the field
    And lay down your life into My care yield.

🙂