My Strong Tower

March early morning 010

When on foot, alone
In hazardous ways,
Help me know You won’t leave me.
Know Your presence it stays.

While roads may threaten –
With doubt want to harm,
Help me walk in Your Truth
Lean on Your mighty arm.

Teach me all Your ways,
Every path I should take.
Help me know You never-
No never – forsake.

In hidden paths too,
Uncertain and veiled,
Help me see Your’re the Tower,
Who for ages prevailed.

March early morning 004“The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe.
Proverbs 18:10

(Poem and Picture – 2014, Heidi Viars)

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to My Strong Tower

The name of the Lord–Almighty God, Eternal Father, King of the Universe, Jehovah, and more–is indeed a tower of refuge and strength. How incredible that he gives us access anytime we feel threatened. Thank you, Heidi, for your poetic reminder!

2. A Servant says:

My refuge, my fortress, my rock and yes, my strong tower. Outstanding post today!

Beautiful poem, and I love how you captured the sun’s rays shining down around the tower. The song Safe by Yancy kept playing in the background of my mind as I read your poem.

I have to look up that song! Thank you for coming by and blessing me with your comment! Things have been so busy here, but I will try to stop over by your place later 🙂 Blessings, Rene!

• Rene Yoshi says:

No worries, Heidi. I have been very busy, too, processing wedding photos and helping a new author with his book cover as it is in the process of being published. And I get to watch my granddaughters for the day. I hope things are pleasantly busy and not overwhelming for you. I pray you find moments of peace in the midst of the busyness.

4. Widow Beach says:

Oh how my spirit lifts to read the verses and your poetry! God bless you abundantly today.

5. theywhoseek says:

Amen Heidi. What wonderful reassurance of God’s promise to be our refuge and our protector our high and lofty tower, our pillar of strength. ~ Blessings to you dear friend on this beautiful God given morning ~

6. Tom Raines says:

I just love your photo’s always. I get excited when I see Wings of Dawn to see what perspective you bring! He is our strong tower…I can see Him rising above. Thank you!

Thank you so much, Tom … your kind comment is very much appreciated! He truly is our Tower… yes, it felt like He was rising above … picture doesn’t give it credit, but it was glorious 🙂 Thanks for coming by!