Shifting Focus

June 13, 2013

Storms raged yesterday. Peace and tranquility greeted me on my walk this morning. I headed out early to catch the sunrise. My heart petitioned my Father to bless me. He did. Heavy dew and left over rain mingled with beams of sunlight in the open field. Rays of light, after having traveled close to 93 millions miles through space, threw the darkness out and started to feed nature around me with energy.

I stood in awe and wanted to capture those beautiful moments. I pulled the camera out and started to focus on the trees. Then I noticed the grass and how each blade was still hanging on to the heavy dew. It only took a push of a button to change focus. Looking at the same objects, in the same position, exposed to the same light, but with a different focus, I took the second shot.June 13, 2013

“Abba, help me to change my focus
away from my circumstances to Your all-sufficiency.
It is not I, but You who can do all things.
Remind me to focus on You.”

2 Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are sufficient in ourselves
to claim anything as coming from us,
but our sufficiency is from God

June 13, 2013

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, Prayer, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Shifting Focus

1. cshowers says:

Heidi,

This was beautiful – both your photos, your testimony of the goodness of God, the scripture, and especially the prayer… “Abba, help me to change my focus
    away from my circumstances to Your all-sufficiency. It is not I, but You who can do all things. Remind me to focus on You.” I just prayed that prayer for myself. Thank you for sharing and God bless you!

Love,
    Cheryl

Thank you, Cheryl, for stopping in … I am reminded of Ephesians 3:20 as well. He is able to do immeasurably more than we can even imagine… He is sufficient! Thanks for blessing us with your heart for the Lord and His Word at your blog. Much love 🙂

2. Juliet says:

Beautiful photos and prayer! Thanks so much for sharing. :0)

3. Very beautiful focus shift. Sometimes the greatest beauty hides in front of us. I have nominated you for a bouquet of awards worth seeing. Follow this link. http://hiseyeisonthissparrow.com/2013/06/17/an-award-bouquet/#more-2863 May you be blessed!

4. theywhoseek says:

I wish I would have read this yesterday . . . I needed a focus change . . . but now I have a good image in my mind for the next time (which could be any minute) I need one. Thank you for sharing your lenses with us Heidi ~ Blessings ~

Thanks for stopping by, dear. Thanks for faithfully pointing us all to Jesus at your place … let us keep encouraging each other to stay focused! Blessings to you!

5. Great photos and encouragement on focus! Love the sunlight filtering in on that last photo…stunning.

It truly was a stunning morning, Patty. However, the pictures only reflect glimpses of the real experience – just as that beautiful morning only reflected glimpses of our marvelous God. Can you just imaging the beauty when we get there? Blessings to you!

6. Gorgeous. I love the redirect from the “big” picture to the all-sufficiency of our Lord!

\o/

7. What a beautiful reminder for us to keep our trust in Him and not become absorbed into our problems. Thanks, Heidi

This really touched me tonight .. thank you, Heidi and God bless you!

9. Absolutely Beautiful

10. pattisj says:

You’ve managed to capture the peace after a storm so well.

11. Thanks for this. I share your heart to get out and see the sunrise. I hope to get a camera so I can do that too. Soon I hope. I follow another blogger from Maine who does that too. It’s beautiful there, as it is in Wisconsin.

12. ddclaywriter says:

That’s beautiful Heidi.
    Love the pictures also.

13. Tom Raines says:

Beautiful, thank you for capturing your journey and sharing the beauty with us! I join you in asking our Father to guide our focus to His majesties!! Blessings and focus!

14. Rosemary says:

Wow! Beautiful photos and great, Godly perspective. Thanks.

15. Alicia says:

I love that message Heidi..” help me change my focus from my circumstances to your all sufficiency.” Exactly what I needed to hear this morning!
    Alicia

Thanks Alicia, for stopping by. I had been meditating on that Scripture all week. We are insufficient, but our God is not. He is the Maker of the Universe and to Him belong all things. He is good and loves us. Bless you today, friend.

16. Heidi, your pictures were indeed blessed! Thank you for passing the blessing onto us and encouraging us to keep our focus on Him who is able to help us do all things.

Blessings to you, Wendy for sharing all those pictures and poetry too! How good of God to continue to meet us in the quiet and still places as we seek Him 🙂