Made to Shine

door abaWeek after week I dust and shine,

Pick up what’s left behind.

I mop and clean things that aren’t mine,

Scrub stains which I can find.

One by one, I clean your rooms,

Throw trash out you don’t need,

Clean up dishes, use my broom,

Wash windows – help you see.

But there’s a place where I can’t clean,

You find there many stains,

A room that’s locked, no one has seen,

Your heart, where sin remains.

Give Christ the key and let Him in!

He wipes the toughest spot.

Open your heart – repent from sin!

He cleans stains with His blood.

(Heidi Viars, 2013)

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 (NASB)
“Father, help me, even in the seemingly small ways, to shine for you.
Thank you for having cleansed me from all unrighteousness.
Thank you for having washed my heart with your blood.
I could have never cleaned it on my own”

spring, flowers, water, boat, May 20th, 2013 042

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Ponderings, Prayer and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Made to Shine

1. Pingback: WHAT I LIKED – June 29 | A DEVOTED LIFE

2. What a gracious Lord to cleanse an undeserving heart as mine, and what a beautiful way you have shown this truth in both the poem and pictures. I may need to repent for coveting that lovely round top door, Heidi!

Thanks for coming by, Wendy. We indeed have such a gracious God. He is faithful and never fails us. Inwardly we are being renewed day by day … Blessings to you!

3. Amen! Love the flower photo.

4. Amen! Search me, O God, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. See if there is any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.

The picture is so perfect for your poem. Thanks for sharing.

\o/

Thanks for stopping in Tammi. I have been enjoying your devotionals much… Yes, that is a great verse too… He is sanctifying us … if we give it all to Him. Blessings

Thank you for sharing a lesson from cleaning! Really wonderful, Heidi .. and I clean for someone too! God bless you as you shine for Him!

Deb, I think we quite a bit in common 🙂 … namely the Lord who shines into our lives …. Blessings to you, dear sister! (miss your simple poems 🙂

6. findingmyinnercourage says:

Such a wonderful Blog. I am always on my knees praying!

7. This is beautiful. Your heart for others shines through!

8. Once again a great blog post! I very often get behind in my cleaning and chores. Sometimes I get behind in confessing my sins too–so my heart can be clean. I always feel a little better when I get the dishes done. It’s funny how that works with the heart too.

I so agree with you. I clean homes for a living and God has taught me so many lessons there. It’s a great job where I can be on my knees, scrubbing away at the dirt, both in front of me and inside of me 🙂 Blessings, Stephen!

9. Caddo-Jael says:

Oh this is wonderful! God bless you today–love, sis Caddo

10. theywhoseek says:

The cleaning of the heart and soul . . . so many stains . . . some seem impossible to remove, but the power of God’s grace and mercy can wash away even the stubbornness of them . . . if we only will let Him in to get the job done! I love this poem and how your heart reflects the deeper thoughts of cleaning up one’s soul. ~ Blessings ~

Sometimes at my cleaning job, I get overwhelmed with the amount that needs to be done … it’s like that with my heart … the more I see God in His perfection and holiness the more my own sin becomes evident to me. While I stand before God – cleansed by the blood of Christ – He continues to sanctify my heart … Amazing grace! Thanks, Deborah for your encouragement to my heart!

11. Isaiah6510 says:

Being a cleaner for a living, I absolutely LOVE this!!! I often think about how much cleaning God has to do on us, whenever I dare get frustrated with the fact that something gets dirty again within 5 minutes of me just having cleaned it. Has taught me tons about how patient our God is!!! :))) x

Ha, I clean houses for living too 🙂 I often get frustrated about the fact that my job won’t be noticed for too long … YES, He teaches me so much too … I wanted to start a blog entitled “Lessons from your Cleaning Lady” … My invoices read actually “Maid to Shine” 🙂 Thanks, Shar, for stopping in!

12. I love this! Reminds me to pray more vigilantly for my children. How I want them to have the joy of knowing Christ!