Perfect Strangers

Sometimes traumatic events in life catapult us into paradigm shifts. This happened to me when my 18 year old son collided with a vehicle while on an early morning bike ride. The accident left him in ICU for 10 days on a ventilator and 5 days in a hospital room to recover. I spent many hours thinking and praying. Life slowed down drastically and we lived one day at a time.

Since the minute the accident occurred, I have met many strangers who have been at our side. These people have had incredible impact on our family. Some of them saved my son’s life. I am indebted to them. With this blog I want to encourage all of us to look at strangers and people around us differently. My hope is that through this blog we would all wake to the fact that all humanity is tightly connected. We are play important roles in each others’ lives, sometimes vital roles. I would like to challenge us all to love our neighbors, those whom God puts on our paths.

My desire is to share from my experience with strangers and encourage you to look at the strangers in your life as well. Jesus tells us that people around will know His love by the way we treat each other.

I encourage you to share from your experience as well.

This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Perfect Strangers

1. cowboylawyer says:

How is your son doing now? What a frightening experience. It is good that you found ventilator faith.

Thanks for asking. He is doing much better. It’s only been two months. His surgeon wants to use his case to do a statewide lecture on “When it all goes right”. I am still trying to lecture him on “When it all goes right, God was involved!” 🙂 This was a matter of minutes and the right timing! God was not finished with him yet.

• cowboylawyer says:

How wonderful that it all went right. My wife was in a head-on collision three years ago. She recovered well. I wrote about it in a post called something like Miss Sugar’s Lemonade. She learned to play the guitar as part of her physical therapy for her broken left hand.

2. What a great response to your recent trial. I look forward to checking out your new blog. So relieved that your son was able to come home from the hospital.

What an inspiring idea, Heidi, to bring attention to our impact on those around us. Your new blog will be a very uplifting place to visit!

What a wonderful new blog!

I love your full to overflowing heart! Going to your new blog now! ❤

6. Wonderful, Heidi. I’ll be following there, too!