Wheat and Tares

uly 28th, 2013 014The ripened heads of wheat bend low
With seeds that will not spoil.
They know their Maker who did sow
Them into prepared soil.

Among the wheat the tares grow high –
Their prideful stalks not bending,
Stretch fruitless bodies to the sky,
Not knowing all’s soon ending.

Before long harvest brings to light
Who’s wheat and who is tare.
Then angels reap the crop that’s ripe
And gather all with care.

The wheat and those whom God has grown
Are bound for Heaven then
But what the enemy has sown
Will see God’s mercies end.

“Father, teach me to walk in Your ways.
Show me how to be fruitful for You.
My heart longs for Heaven.
I want to see those close to me there too,
But I am not wise enough to speak without Your Spirit.
Make my words Your Word.
Make my desire Your heart.
Make my heart Your home.
Let them see Jesus in me.”
(poem, pictures and prayer by Heidi Viars, 2013)

Matthew 13:24-30 & 36-43

“If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth ...” ― C.S. Lewis ..... In my pursuit of truth, I found Jesus, the best thing that ever happen to me. Now I follow Him and try to understand Him better. I am a wife, mother, blogger and love taking photographs of sunrises.
This entry was posted in Christian Poetry, Devotional, poetry, Ponderings, Prayer, Revival, Song, Sunrises - Pictures and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Wheat and Tares

1. Gloryteller says:

Your words always lift my heart.

2. Anonymous says:

Thoughtful, beautiful poetry and pictures, although I will put in a plug for sunsets over the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

Amen! Beautiful, fitting images and fantastic poem!

4. Shelly says:

Heidi, I love this poem! Challenging and inspiring. I am originally from Kansas so the picture of the wheat brings back wonderful memories. Blessings!

Hey Shelly, I lived in Kansas for a long time. I love those wheat fields. I also think Kansas has the prettiest sunsets … Thanks so much for reading … and for the beautiful comment … will have to come on over to your blog and catch up! Blessings to you!

• Shelly says:

Heidi, small world that we both spent time in Kansas. I grew up there and stayed there until I moved to Texas. Now I have been in Texas for 22 years but there are still things I miss from Kansas. Blessings to you!

5. Heidi Viars says:

Hello Liana, so good to read your comment :-) Your posts are a blessing and encouragement!!!! Hope your Sunday is filled with glimpses of His presence :-)

6. cshowers says:

Heidi,

This was beautiful. What lovely pictures and word pictures of wheat and tares. Behold! The fields are white for harvest. Thanks so much for sharing!

Love,
    Cheryl

Dearest Cheryl… I have so missed reading your blog (due to being here in Germany) … I will have to find a quiet moment and indulge myself again :-) … Let’s pray for His Spirit to continue to use us in spreading the Good News.
      Blessings and love to you!

• cshowers says:

Hallelujah! How exciting to be in Germany. As a child, I had a babysitter from Germany, and I can vaguely remember her teaching me a few words. She was a lovely woman as I recall, and I remember her excitement when her mother was permitted to come visit her from East Germany.

I pray you have a wonderful and blessed time, Heidi!

Love,
        Cheryl

7. Lyn says:

Excellent post. Loved it!

Not our place to judge, but tares look an awful lot like the real thing and they’re hard to tell apart, except for the fruit when it’s time to reap.

I’ve heard it said that when ingested, tares act as a vomiting agent. Reminds me of the Scripture in Revelation about being spewed out of His mouth.

Blessings,
    Lyn

Thank you, Lyn, for reading and commenting. You are so right. We often can’t tell the difference. We must trust the Lord. He knows. WOW, I had not heard about the tares … but it makes perfect sense.
      Blessings, dear sister, as you minster to those whom He places on your path!

8. Heidi, you are a blessing and balm to my heart. Hugs!!

9. Heidi, these pictures and words are full of His glory!

Let’s keep praying for those whose hearts are far from Him… so they would see the harvest nearing! Thanks, Wendy… you are such an encouragement to my heart~

10. bennetta faire says:

Very lovely! God bless you today.